On vacation

Started by Hannes, February 03, 2020, 11:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Finally a landscape again...
Like most of the time not knowing what I was doing, I planted a portion of Mick's columnar rock study:
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,23444.msg237239.html?sslRedirect#msg237239
on top of a loaded heightfield and looked for a nice spot.
The ruin and the boat are from Sketchfab. Rendered with the path tracer (really a big improvement for the plants!). Original resolution 3556X2000 px, rendertime 15 and a half hours, rescaled, a little more contrast and finally some chromatic aberration.

There's a minor cheat. There was an edge of the ruin's terrain base poking through the terrain. I rendered a little crop without the ruin, and comped it in in PS.

luvsmuzik

I think they should have a job skill....on vacation. I would work everyday, 16 hours minimum. ;D 
Great scene!

Kadri

Looks great. Nearly like a painting. Especially the background.

j meyer

Very atmospheric, nice.

Dune

Terrific. Almost magical realism. Very subtle wake is a great addition too. Details like that sell a render. The only thing I would not be satisfied with 100% is the sky; some strange hard areas, especially upper right. But that's nitpicking ;)

Stormlord

It's a great scene and it looks a little like a painting to me.
Small details make out a great render and I've seen the water over the paddle on the left, some ripples here would be a good idea.
The ony thing I personally would add is some lightning from the right side coming through the clouds. But that's nitpicking as Dune said.

And forget about the little cheating here and there... What really counts is the result and the final outcome of such a picture.
A great render Hannes!

STORMLORD

KyL

Nice one! Those ruins look terrific!

sboerner

Gorgeous rendering. Love the lighting, background. The ruins look like a natural feature at first, startling when you realize they are artificial. Well done.

bobbystahr

Another WOW landscape...to me it's perfect...well done....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Thanks guys! Yes, the sky is not perfect. I tried about 140000 different cloud formations ;) and was a bit fed up with it eventually. But I might find a better one.
Dirk, do you mean broken up clouds to the right or additional illuminating from the right side?
I won't use additional light sources. It might look very odd, since the right part is in the shadow, because the sun is more or less at 3 o'clock position.

Luc

Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr
Unreal Authorized Instructor

gasbutan

mhaze

Just Wow, fantastic magical mood and wonderful use of vegetation and objects.

gao_jian11

I seem to smell the fresh smell in the air after the rain. Think of the Lord of the Rings.

Stormlord

I mean something like this Hannes... soft and gently, but clearly visible.
The light should come out from the right between the two mountains (out of the Valley). Like a tunnel or stroboskopic effect.
This would fit perfect also with the person who wooks  a little bit in this direction. It will give your rendering a tasty and impessive note in my opinion.

A littl bit like this.jpg
(But that's only my personal view...)

STORMLORD