The construction site "Death Star"

Started by DocCharly65, March 26, 2020, 08:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

If realism were crucial in this scene, you would be right, Ulco :)

But here I simply took the liberty for a few inconsistencies (in addition to the 1000 others ;D )  for a little similarity to the original scenes:

(I hope the links work - I didn't want to copy these pics due to eventually copyrights)

http://starwarz.com/tbone/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/181.jpg
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/custom/Blog_Images/DeathStar.jpg
https://wallpapercave.com/wp/88rLnIH.jpg
...it is almost blasphemous that I have integrated the building dirt... ;D ;D

Besides thanks again that you remembered me to the technique inserting dirt I was on the right way but your hint saved me a lot of time. :)

Dune

You're right. And welcome. Anyway, you're one of the last persons here on the forum, so it doesn't cost me a huge amount of time ;D ;D ;D

DocCharly65

... yes - i's a bit strange these days...  but actually some are still here.

:)

j meyer

Quote from: DocCharly65 on March 31, 2020, 03:11:42 AMThanks, but I think Mr.Lucas has thought of that... otherwise I wouldn't have found it on Amazon ;D
I meant the entire toilet with the printed logo, not only the sticker. ;)

Kadri

Nice.

How is the length of the animation in total approximately now? Curious :)

DocCharly65

The whole film? Approximately 1.5 to 2 hours.
Yesterday I started to do an overview over all animation parts and frames...

Frames zusammengerechnet.doc

...only 2/3 of the animations already rendered NOW
... still growing and growing...

And many animations will be rerendered because of improved TG version and some minor skills increase ;)

:o ::) ;D

Ulco, your suggestions will be followed partly. Universe (TG universe and render technology) forced me to do a compromise: 
To avoid an extremely flickering animation I had to deactivate some specular highlights. So the floor looks a little bit less glossy (but still there)

To comfort myself I added a few items like cement bags, gas bottles etc.
Th good thing of all is that I could reduce render time a bit :)

200401_0647.jpg

Hannes

Dune

Kadri

Phew 1-2 hours! Wasn't this supposed to be a short movie?
Going for a trilogy at this pace ;D

DocCharly65

yepp - thats the plan, Kadri ;D

Meanwhile I had some new experiences in the world of mapping and texturing a 3D Model...
I think it's the right time: This will be the last render of this scene in the image sharing section - time to move to the animations :)

The concrete mixer lorry was a quite inexpensive model without materials and textures from Turbosquid.
I completely disassembled it in Blender and remapped and textured it in Poseray.
And i wanted the mixing drum to rotate! There's no really sense or need but I WANTED! ;) At first i thought i had an easy game but then i had to fight hard to let the mixing drum rotate in this strange angle.
The worker and the trooper are mixamo animated.
The ladies will be manually animated in blender.
Also I had to change the construction plan in the ladies hand by a kind of tablet because I could get it animated in her hand without destroying the mapping and texturing. But the holographic plan looks ok for me.

There'll be two animations from different camera angles. One including DoF and one without because the rendertime exploded... reflections + dirt on a reflective floor + GI + animated illuminations + DoF... Forget it ;D
But the look from that distance with that angle needs no DoF I think. The other animation with the passing Storm Troopers in the foreground of course needs a bit DoF.

200412_2014.jpg

200412_2015.jpg

Hannes

Quote from: DocCharly65 on April 12, 2020, 02:19:37 PMBut the look from that distance with that angle needs no DoF I think.
I agree.

Looks great!!!

The facial expression of the lady with the yellow helmet scares me a bit. Surely not in a good mood I guess... ;D

Dune

Indeed, DOF helps to focus on something important too. Great scene again!

DocCharly65

Quote from: Hannes on April 13, 2020, 02:17:43 AM
Quote from: DocCharly65 on April 12, 2020, 02:19:37 PMBut the look from that distance with that angle needs no DoF I think.
I agree.

Looks great!!!

The facial expression of the lady with the yellow helmet scares me a bit. Surely not in a good mood I guess... ;D

One day when the animation is finished you'll understand the expression ;)