Fun Stuff

Started by luvsmuzik, March 27, 2020, 07:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I hope you recover swiftly, Luvs!

luvsmuzik

thanks Kadri and Ulco!  :)

Here I made an EXR image for terrain out of a Chevychev noise function in Blender....

I am trying to simulate maybe ruins of a previous civilization, who knows?  ;D

Xwing obj made in Blender 2.8

This is my first attempt at adding an extra planet like this, I must read up on how to do it properly... ;D

xwings3.jpg

Kadri

Ow! Haven't read your post properly. I wish you a swift recovery too.
I have lesser kind of eye problems and it is annoying really.

Jo Kariboo

Nice sky and ambiance. I wish you a speedy recovery. I had surgery on both eyes for cataracts last year and all went well. It's not easy to have your eyes incised to have the crystalline lens removed and then replaced with a prosthesis. Fortunately, this type of operation gives excellent results.

Dune

I think working at a computer(screen) won't do much good for eyes.

Have you ever tried using a very low resolution (heavily compresssed) jpg as terrain basis? I once experimented with that and it can give some interesting results, if accompanied by further displacements.

luvsmuzik

I think I shall have to gray up the terrain, this is too warm.  ;D

@Dune "I think working at a computer(screen) won't do much good for eyes."  Too true, I am making quick adjustments and setting to render, wearing sunglasses indoors some days, since we have 16 hours of daylight lately, not complaining about that tho ...  8)

scifi base4.jpg

sboerner

QuoteI think I shall have to gray up the terrain, this is too warm.
Not sure about that, it emphasizes the alien-ness (if there is such a word!) of the scene. The textures are coming along nicely, too.

Hope you recover quickly, too. Till then don't overdo it!

luvsmuzik

Let me see what life is like on Jupiter or Mars....

cliff side base9.jpg

Dune

Nice one! The far planet is very subtle.

sboerner

Love it. Nice composition, too.

luvsmuzik

Thank you all for the well wishes and kind comments!

Perserverance Mars Rover by: Author/Origin: Brian Kumanchik, NASA/JPL-Caltech

Relevant Mission: Mars 2020

Brian shared this file along with a 550 frame animation (that if I ever get the time I will haul into TG) This pose is frame 160 object with cameras extended.

Perserverance.jpg

sboerner

Is that the mission with the drone? If so maybe you can have it flying overhead. :)

Nice modeling, again. A couple of suggestions, maybe bevel the sharp edges of the rectangular shapes slightly so they aren't knife-sharp, and subdivide the curved meshes to make them smoother.

Cool sky, too, BTW.

luvsmuzik

Ah....too true, the nose cone etc should be more rounded. Some areas I wanted crisp and forgot to check smoothing...duh...On it! thanks Steve.

luvsmuzik

Perserverance Mars Rover by: Author/Origin: Brian Kumanchik, NASA/JPL-Caltech

Relevant Mission: Mars 2020

Spiffed up and ready to roll ....atv

Perserverance TG.jpg

​Posted by sboerner - June 23, 2020, 02:51:25 pm

Is that the mission with the drone? If so maybe you can have it flying overhead. :)

Luvsmuzik:
The model of helicopter ingenuity, weighing in at 4lbs. not yet found by me. :)

masonspappy