Started by luvsmuzik, June 02, 2020, 07:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

More play

Mixamo sequences
Blender objects and video compositing

https://youtu.be/xEvKc0LEA00

DocCharly65

Hey cool! -- I see meanwhile you have much fun with Mixamo too :)

luvsmuzik

Quote from: DocCharly65 on June 02, 2020, 07:23:51 AMHey cool! -- I see meanwhile you have much fun with Mixamo too :)
Ha! Thanks!
Yes I had intended for this video to be longer, but jumping astronaut disappears after sequence finishes. I have a "get up" sequence to add, but have not quite figured out the "how to" yet.....all in a day's play.... ;D

DocCharly65

Quote from: luvsmuzik on June 02, 2020, 07:33:45 AMI have a "get up" sequence to add, but have not quite figured out the "how to" yet.
Here is just the "how I do" (not necessarily the correct and most elegant way ;D )

> divide the scene - The second animation should be shown from a different camera angle but the actors at almost the same position.
Then it looks like an intentional cut.

The disadvantage is that you must create the scene with light and props in a wider camera angle to get no inconsistence of the animations.

My Blender skills are just to low to add animated bones and re-rigg all seamlessly...
In very very seldom cases you have the luck that the animations fit seamless together if you render them in Terragen and take care to use exact the same positions in the world. But thats much too fiddly work in most cases.

luvsmuzik

@DocCharly65
> divide the scene - The second animation should be shown from a different camera angle but the actors at almost the same position.

Then it looks like an intentional cut.

Oh that would work nicely. ;D The "look around" astronaut sequence is 150 frames as opposed to "jumper" @ only 81.......how to hold "jumper" in position until "look around" is completed? Just key jumper at frame 82 and 150 as fallen pose?

Yes, I am old school on rigging....I did the weight paint limit type with 3ds objects eons ago.....this new fangled rig is probably easy, but try as I might I fall back into old ways....

DocCharly65

Usually I make a plan (at least in my brain) what kind of story the animation should tell.
Then I just look around in MIXAMO animation Presets and always have the frames in my thoughts. So I can combine as I need later.

I always care about length (number of frames) of the animation sequence and adjust via "overdrive" so that I have mostly fitting length.

Sometimes I cut the animation in the beginning and add to the end by renaming the index of the obj- and mtl- files. Fiddly job... but meanwhile I'm used to it.

luvsmuzik

Yeah, I know I can copy paste and rename the last frame obj and mtl.....80 times....was hoping to avoid that, ha. I will have to look into editing the actual sequence to maybe find an easier method.I know it maps everything (bones) and it is maybe easy if you just know how....PROGRESS!

It is like if you shoot someone and they fall....they don't just evaporate.....ya gotta call the paramedics to carry them off, right? :)

sboerner

Great start. This is really fun.  :)

Models look great, too.

Dune

Very cool!

Frustrating though, as I only get a greyed viewport at Mixamo, and I would like to have a go with some of my characters. I can't seem to get it to work in Firefox. Missing a plugin?

DocCharly65

That's weird! 

Just things you can check:
All graphic cards up to date?
Nvidia or AMD?

I only use Nvidia and all ok in my Firefox here...  ???

Dune

GeForce 7600GS, driver 9.18.13.783. I'll check if there's newer driver.

Edit: NOPE, it's 307.83, nothing newer available. Must be some setting...

Hannes

That's indeed weird. I never had this problem, and I'm using Firefox as well. Maybe it's something about your character? Or does it appear grey even with the default mannequins?

Dune

My character is quite alright I presume :P

No, I never uploaded anything, just tried to view default mannequins and some chosen animation. Nothing. Btw. sorry about taking over your thread, luvs.

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on June 03, 2020, 04:06:09 AMMy character is quite alright I presume
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm sure it is!

Yes, sorry for hijacking!

luvsmuzik

I think you have to sign in at Mixamo, don't you? Surely with everything they offer, worth it to me. No charges so far that I know of and I have used it for over a month now.
It is fine about the thread, you do not argue except about chromatic aberration......hehe ;D