Why is it called 4D?

Started by WAS, March 23, 2021, 10:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Quote from: Kadri on March 24, 2021, 10:22:51 AM
Quote from: PabloMack on March 24, 2021, 09:45:58 AM
Quote from: Kadri on March 24, 2021, 09:20:33 AMYeah and when you read and write in a foreign language it gets even harder.
I apologize on behalf of the English speaking world for not having our $#!^ together before we open our mouths.
See... that wasn't what i meant. It was myself having trouble to understand and write what i mean and not the English speaking world :D
Nevertheless sometimes we can use strange terminology or words that should mean something else entirely that society has just started using wrong.

PabloMack

Quote from: WAS on March 24, 2021, 01:45:15 PMNevertheless sometimes we can use strange terminology or words that should mean something else entirely that society has just started using wrong.
Happens all the time.

A boss that I had a long time ago and garnered my respect one time told me the difference between Broadband vs. Baseband. Even this browser is underlining "Baseband" because it doesn't know the word. Ethernet is a Baseband technology while MAP and Broadcast are Broadband technologies. The whole industry now thinks that Broadband means "High Speed" but it doesn't mean that. What Broadband means is that a single medium is shared among several channels that divide the bandwidth by some kind of modulation. So the air is Broadband because it carries many different "stations" at one time. But an Ethernet cable is Baseband because it only carries one channel, though that one channel can run at extremely high speed. Sharing of the medium is done by time-slicing by transmission of packets. Only one packet can be transmitted at a time. But it can appear simultaneous because of the interleaving that takes place.

Kadri

Bah...He copied your older post and used that. They use many different techniques lately.

Dune