Daniil's erosion shader at work!

Started by Dune, August 20, 2021, 08:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Just an ordinary landscape using 2x Daniil's erosion shader, one for erosion, one for the streams.

Lady of the Lake

Wow, this is super.  Flyfishing spot for sure.

WAS

Looks great. Love the rockyness. Also love that shader. Really great to have in TG.

DocCharly65

Quote from: WAS on August 20, 2021, 12:44:19 PMReally great to have in TG.

Echo - and good to have so many so talented users :)
Great render!

Hannes

Stormlord

Very good scene and light due to the light and shadow play.
Moody and calm, like!

STORMLORD

Lady of the Lake

Very pretty.  Looks just like a photo.

pixelpusher636

Indeed a peaceful looking place one could easily relax, explore or fish. I like it all and the clouds are a nice addition too. 

I am curious if you could share a screenshot sometime on the node connections when using two CE plugins. I've never successfully achieved this. 

Thanks for sharing, great work!
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

Dune

No problem, here you go. They are just following eachother, top one (open on left) for quite default erosion, the lower (right) one for rivers. It's a very simple setup, actually.

pixelpusher636

Wow thanks Dune. I got a look into the entire network. Always interesting to see how the pros do it.

I really expected the CE hookup and arrangements to be more complicated but as you said, it's quite simple. Thanks again Dune.

*Edit*
I wasn't going to ask but it Has my curiosity Piqued. What is the "Voronoi Manhattan" shader coming from or going to?

WAS

Hard to tell what that voronoi is doing with that exploded node network xD 

Did ya toss a hand grenade in Ulco? 

Dune

The voronoi is just a simple image file to make squarish rock outcrops, set at side X, then rotated and mixed, then one or two sizes mixed in, so it's covering the lateral sides of ground.
Yeah, the network doesn't look very pro, but this usually how I work. Only if it's complicated I will shift some nodes ;) 

Lady of the Lake

Doesn't really matter how the nodes get there.  It is the final result that matters, and your finals are always amazing.   :)

pixelpusher636

Quote from: Dune on April 23, 2022, 03:24:49 AMThe voronoi is just a simple image file to make squarish rock outcrops, set at side X, then rotated and mixed, then one or two sizes mixed in, so it's covering the lateral sides of ground.
Yeah, the network doesn't look very pro, but this usually how I work. Only if it's complicated I will shift some nodes ;) 
I second Lady of the Lake's comment and would like to add that how you organize or do not organize your nodes doesn't determine your skill level. I've used photoshop for many years and the only time my layers are neatly organized is if I want the file to make sense to someone else who might need to edit it. I liked your node setup just fine. 

Thanks for explaining your use of the Voronoi image, and with this context I see now looking back on your network how it was used. Thanks for the new knowledge!

On a side note I was curious enough to google that last night and a Blender plugin exists. Blenders interface looks better and better each time I see it. Blender plugin page on GitHub