Halloween Will-'o-the Wisps

Started by masonspappy, September 06, 2021, 07:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

A new thing I'm playing with - Will-'o-the-Wisp lights using a nighttime version of the covered bridge image I posted earlier.  I think most clips move too fast until the last two end clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPg09fsdv9k

Dune

Really cool! Yes, a little fast, but I like the diversity of lights. Perhaps less separate lights moving one at the time, but slower and 2-3 at the same time moving separate ways?
Fire is great too! Is that a fire gif projected?

masonspappy

Quote from: Dune on September 06, 2021, 10:06:36 AMReally cool! Yes, a little fast, but I like the diversity of lights. Perhaps less separate lights moving one at the time, but slower and 2-3 at the same time moving separate ways?
Fire is great too! Is that a fire gif projected?
Thanks. The fire is a cropped and slightly-faded video I cropped from a larger video.  A TG light inside the barrel provides illumination. I like the idea of multiple lights, especially when they're illuminating nearby objects to give a greater sense of depth and presence.

WAS

Wow,  great idea! Love the mood of it. Eerie, yet also a little inviting. I echo what Ulco said.

DocCharly65

Cool and moody! Great job! Like it :)

I agree with Ulco's idea too.

masonspappy

The video clip below consists of 4 sequences. the first 3 are different groups of lights moving around (multiple lights sometimes moving in different directions). the 4th segment is actually the first 3 segments playing simultaneously.  I didn't know this was possible in Blender video editor until I stumbled across it by accident.

Any feedback is welcome!!

Dune

It's absolutely wonderful! Very intriguing, and beautifully executed.

masonspappy

DocCharly65

Great result! I would even accept the theory it was Close Encounters of the Third Kind at Halloween - somehow :)