Heracleum mantegazzianum

Started by Dune, September 26, 2021, 03:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

A new plant I'm making, not completely finished yet. Giant hogweed, beautiful but can inflict terrible skin blisters. Can grow up to 4m high!

Stormlord

WOW
The plant looks very good, well done Dune!

STORMLORD

sboerner

Yes, this is a plant you definitely don't want to mess with. It is an invasive species here but fortunately very rare. It's smaller cousin, wild parsnip, is more plentiful and just as dangerous.

Cool models.

masonspappy

Great model and detail.
Around here (South East US) we've been seeing reports of people who got really messed up after physically contacting hogweed

Dune

If you DuckDuckGo (trying to avoid Google) the species, you'll see the terrible blisters. No fun indeed. Here's another more elaborate 'test'.

Hannes

Stunning!!! Looks fantastic!
There's an old Genesis song named "The return of the giant hogweed". At the time I thought the song is about a giant named "Hogweed". ;D

DocCharly65

That looks so harmonic and beautiful! Like in a fairy tale world.

Dune

Until you're touched by the bastards!

DocCharly65

The giant hogweed was voted poisonous plant of the year in 2008. Your best bet is to render protective clothing for your actors :)

Dune

Dune

I made some new species like field thistle, ragwort, Himalayan balsam, wild carrot, and madder, quickly put together here for testing.

DocCharly65

I don't know how to tell the difference between this and a photo  :o

Great! I love it!

Hannes

Absolutely amazing plants, Ulco! Looks unbelievably realistic.

Lady of the Lake

WAS

Oh wow, great work. Yeah we got Heracleum maximum around here or "Cow Parsnip". No fun. Lol

Does field thistle really grow so many flowers? That's crazy! Ours here wild grow a single flower, maybe two extras if it's been accidentally topped by nature and split. They tend to grow in a stalk.