Hannes' Horizon thread

Started by Hannes, April 10, 2022, 12:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

This is an idea I came up with a few days ago. I found a nice telescope model and purchased it (Twenty bucks. Not too bad). Working on making a scene out of it at the moment.

WAS

I was looking at that dish too. I did not have the 20 dollars though, but it's the cheapest highest quality one I've seen. Looks just like the ones I saw in California.

Kadri makes this scaffolding stuff in LW, and I really want to figure out how to do similar in Blender for ships, and buildings, and stuff like this.

Hannes

Quote from: WAS on April 10, 2022, 12:21:21 PM...but it's the cheapest highest quality one I've seen.
Indeed.
I guess, this is a model, that's not too complicated, but I didn't want to spend too much time for the building of it. So I thought 20 Dollars are OK.

sboerner

Great start. Reminds me of Contact (one of my favorite movies).

WAS

Quote from: sboerner on April 10, 2022, 12:38:57 PMGreat start. Reminds me of Contact (one of my favorite movies).
Oh, yes.

One of my all-time favourites too, and my dads.

Hannes

Oh yes, and it will be indeed a lot Contactesque!! ;)

zaxxon

A great prop to start building with. This should be a fun one to watch develop!

Hannes

Some plants and stuff...

sboerner

. . . aaaand there's Dr. Eleanor Arroway with her hat.  :)

Hannes

pixelpusher636

Very believable Hannes, and I love the sunset with just the right amount of clouds. 
You're really shining with your renders Sir!
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

Dune

That's a very cool Horizon concept. Good luck, Hannes.

Hannes

Thanks guys!!!

I found a free 3d model of Jodie Foster's face. It was untextured. I cut out just her face, projected an image of her onto it and mixed the face with the character in the scene (Meshmixer).
In one of the scenes in the movie she uses an orange shirt as a head scarf under her hat. I wanted to recreate that, but I didn't succeed so far. I think, I'll just leave that out. It's not that essential, I guess...

Dune

If you send me the obj and how it should look I can try making a scarf in Marvelous Designer.

Hannes

Oh, that would be quite cool. I'll collect some stuff and send it to you. Might take a little time. Anyway, thanks in advance!!!! :) :) :)