Hannes' Horizon thread

Started by Hannes, April 10, 2022, 12:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on April 26, 2022, 01:16:39 AMAnd btw, "Ellie and the Telescopes" also sounds a bit horny :P
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks Ulco!!

More or less one minute after I wrote, that this image might be finished I started to make the clouds a bit more interesting. ::)

Hannes

Quote from: WAS on April 26, 2022, 01:32:14 AMI love Terragen being used on the laptop. That's a really charming touch.
Ah, you spotted it... ;)

Hannes

A screenshot of the RTP with some (hopefully) better clouds.

WAS

For some reason I feel like their should be some sort of booming (dark) stormfront on one of the horizons. Like a window of opportunity for her, or maybe it just past and the first opportunity to get out? I dunno.

Dune

Could be interesting to try an advancing stormfront, could be quite dramatic. Or a tornado...

Hannes

Actually I thought about that too. Is New Mexico an area where such stormfronts exist? Or is the sky more or less clear most of the time?

WAS

Seems they have the fronts exactly like I imagined.

Probably seasonal no doubt, fall and spring.

Hannes

I think the stormfront idea was great. Although the sky isn't that open and wide here anymore, it seems quite interesting I think. And the horizon is even more emphasized.

Dune

Pretty awesome! It now has an added Horizon, time will tell what it is....
Btw. do I recognize the windgrass I shared some time ago? The light on it is beautiful.

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on April 28, 2022, 01:25:51 AMBtw. do I recognize the windgrass I shared some time ago? The light on it is beautiful.
:) Yes, you're right. There are four veggie populations in the foreground, but your windblown grass was the one that really made me happy. Thanks again for it. :)

WAS

Oh that looks nice. The cloud line plays well with the satellite angles. 

KlausK

This looks really good!
I wonder if the clouds would make a more dramatic appearance if the were "fading" out less at the upper edge.
More compact brooding front line, bigger shapes overall.

The picture attached shows a free 3D model from NASA. This is a DSN70.
They have some nice stuff on their site. For another time perhaps.
And I hope you do not mind if I post it in this thread.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

KlausK

/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Hannes

Thanks a lot, Klaus!! :)
I'll do some more tests with the clouds, although I'm already quite happy with them.

Thanks for the link to the satellite dishes! Actually I keep to use the ones I purchased, because they look quite like the original ones at the Very Large Array, but the NASA ones are great nonetheless.

Hannes

Quote from: KlausK on April 28, 2022, 03:08:16 AMAnd I hope you do not mind if I post it in this thread.
No problem. I think, this is exactly the thread, where it belongs.