Hannes' Horizon thread

Started by Hannes, April 10, 2022, 12:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

A screenshot of the RTP with more compact clouds.

sboerner

This is looking SO good. Beautiful light and clouds. (Vega is calling!)

The NASA 3D archive is a terrific resource, btw.

Hannes

Thanks, Steve!!

I made the clouds even more compact.

Dune

This is absolutley gorgeous! Terrific sky. I must say that I was a bit hesitant about your first stormfront version (too wild and hard), but this is very realistic.

KlausK

SO good!
That is the look I was trying to describe.
I think, these clouds add to the narrative (oh boy, sounds fancy , right :P ::) )

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Hannes

Thanks a lot, guys! :)
I'm still not done with the clouds yet. At the moment I'm trying some things, that make them look even more dramatic, and I like it so far. I'll post it, when it's done.

And I'd like to say some more things. Having this WIP area is such a fantastic thing! It helps so much to improve the work. Without all your great constructive input, I wouldn't be at the point I am now.
Thanks so much!! I really appreciate all your ideas!!!!

I'm working only on this single project for almost four weeks now, and usually I would get tired of it after this time, but it's still so much fun to improve things (and to learn some more things as well).
So, I would encourage everyone, who's planning to participate in this contest, to create a WIP thread. And I hope, there will be more... ;)

Dune

Quote from: Hannes on April 29, 2022, 05:04:15 AMWithout all your great constructive input, I wouldn't be at the point I am now.
So, now you have to share your first prize with us ;D

Hannes

DannyG

This progressed rapidly. Love it !
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Hannes

I edited the clouds again, and I think, this is better. A bit more drama, and to me it looks a bit as if the clouds are eating the background... ;)

Dune

Hannes

Honestly, after I had looked at the image for quite some time, I thought about deleting the mountain range completely and only keeping the flat ground. But first, there is a mountain range where the Very Large Array is (as far as I can tell looking at reference images), and secondly I like the idea of the forces of nature concealing the mountains and showing only the straight horizon line of the flat ground.

Now, that was almost philosophical, wasn't it??? ;D ;D ;D

Dune

Yeah, it's good that you kept the hills, though you can't win AGAIN, can you?

Hannes

Actually, I'm not doing it for winning. I want to make my image as good as possible, because I love the process of adding new ideas, skipping old ideas and taking the constructive input of the guys into account.
It's so much fun!!! :)

Dune