Water ripples where objects make contact

Started by sonshine777, January 29, 2008, 02:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonshine777

I have a nagging question about the water system. At some point will the water system show ripples where an object makes contact with it? Some examples would be a log laying on the shore or cattails growing in the water.

If not in TG2 maybe a plug-in?

dhavalmistry

yes I always wanted this feature....

vue has similar feature within ecosystem....it can influence the area around the object....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Seth

yeah i tried to get that effect too... but i don't know how to do it...

moodflow

If there was a "distance from object" shader (or one could be built from the nodes), this would work.  I've wanted a similar feature for coastlines, where it would lay down "foam" (via a power fractal shader or image map) where the edges of the water meet land.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

sonshine777

Quote from: heightgrowthshoes.com on January 29, 2008, 03:19:08 PM
Quote from: sonshine777 on January 29, 2008, 02:27:59 PM
I have a nagging question about the water system. At some point will the water system show ripples where an object makes contact with it? Some examples would be a log laying on the shore or cattails growing in the water.

If not in TG2 maybe a plug-in?
great day to you all

Now theres a nice little sideswipe  ;DSpammer ;D

Seth

damn ! another spambot !!!
get it banned, boss !

old_blaggard

It's possible to achieve this using function nodes.  I have a project that I created a few months ago (still waiting to render... bring on the transparency, Matt :)) where I set up some nodes to create ripples in a circle emanating from a given point.  These could easily be stretched into ellipses to fit each object.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

...and, o_b, weren't you the one who did the submarine with the wake around it in the ocean?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Ogre

"If you find me feeding daisies
please turn my face up to the sky and leave me be watching the moon roll by.
What ever I was it was all because I've been on the town washing the BS down."

-Gordon Lightfoot

Seth

Virex

Well, if you'd build a vector out of the objects XYZ location, substract the "get location" output and use a vector lengt to scalar opperation, you've got a blending mask that you can use to mask the ripples (you might need to invert it though).

sonshine777

Ogre,

Did you use an image to mask the ripples of is it created with functions?

Ogre

"If you find me feeding daisies
please turn my face up to the sky and leave me be watching the moon roll by.
What ever I was it was all because I've been on the town washing the BS down."

-Gordon Lightfoot