What does it take to get TG to render the entire model?

Started by gregsandor, April 21, 2008, 08:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregsandor

The gas pumps are partially visible because I neglected to modify the shader tree when I modified the model.  The material file in TG did not match the one in the model, so the inputs were out of order, putting the gas pump texture on the roof and making the pumps invisible.
[attach=#]

cyphyr

Nice render coming on there. At a guess I would say that some of your poly normals are flipped. If you up the model (no textures please) I'll have a go at fixing it if you like. You could try sending it through PoserRay but you've probably already done that. Another thought is that you might want to try to split the model up into separate bits and importing them separately.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

RedSquare

If the pumps are separate objects to the building, have you tried saving them independently or as a group of two then importing them and adding them to the previously loaded station instead of opening the entire model.

QuoteLast Edit: Today at 01:49:40 AM by cyphyr »
Ha great minds think alike, except your fingers moved quicker than mine.  ;D

gregsandor

Thanks.  All the normals are fine; I checked them on reading your post.  It's rendered okay many times before.  Here's one run just before the broken one, as I was setting up the lights.

gregsandor

Quote from: RedSquare on April 21, 2008, 08:52:30 PM
If the pumps are separate objects to the building, have you tried saving them independently or as a group of two then importing them and adding them to the previously loaded station instead of opening the entire model.

QuoteLast Edit: Today at 01:49:40 AM by cyphyr »
Ha great minds think alike, except your fingers moved quicker than mine.  ;D

They are part of the station model.  This is three models:  gas station, lightbulbs, and window glass.

RedSquare

QuoteIt's rendered okay many times before.

OK,  in TG2 or by another rendering engine?

cyphyr

Not always an issue but I always try to make my quads into tris. Tripple everything, (can this be done in Poserray?) and try again.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

RedSquare

QuoteThey are part of the station model.  This is three models:  gas station, lightbulbs, and window glass.
:(  Bum!

gregsandor

I think the shaders are out of order.  I'll check it and report back.

RedSquare

QuoteQuote
It's rendered okay many times before.

OK,  in TG2 or by another rendering engine?

Whoops didn't notice the second piccy.  But the windows are opaque in this one. Where as in the top one they are either missing or transparent.  But if the shaders are out of order surely that would just mean that the missing elements would be a neutral grey not missing all together.

gregsandor

The first render was made after the second one, and yes the windows are transparent.  I rebuilt my shader setup and am rendering again now. 

--edit:

The answer to the question I pose in the thread title, "What does it take to get TG to render the entire model?" includes haveing shaders in the correct order.  I thought there was something off when i saw the gas pump texture on the roof...

RedSquare

Please say that you saved the file of untitled5  before you started to add/position the lights.

QuoteI thought there was something off when i saw the gas pump texture on the roof...
Oh well noticed.  Phew, it will make life so much easier when they get round to reading the .mtl files properly.

gregsandor

RedSquare

Just hoping that you did indeed do that, otherwise model messed up. 

RedSquare

Incidently, as you have imported in effect three objects into the scene does this allow you to have more shaders than the 16? (3x16)  Long time since I tried to add objects to TG2  or was it modelled as three objects but saved/exported as one object?  Good grief look at the time I must away to my bed.  :D