"The Edge of Water-2"

Started by Phylloxera, June 10, 2008, 02:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phylloxera

Various modifications: work on water surfaces and color - on fake stones - addition of fish -

darthvader

I really like the fish ;D I think some lilly pads along the shore would make it look like a calm pondish scene

rcallicotte

This is very much like a photo.  Good art!
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

nice fishes and fake stones Phyllo :)
good improvement !

inkydigit

not only the water/fake stones and vegetation are excellent, but the lighting is too!

Seth

yeah you're right, light's good too

Sengin

Each fish looks great, but when you take both of them at the same time they look fake because they are in the same position, it looks extremely unnatural.  If there's not a way to change the angle of one of the fish's tail fin (the one further from shore would get my vote), you could at least rotate the whole fish a little more and it should help.  Oh, and the grass needs a little more AA, but other than that, good job  ;D

lightning

i like this a lot!
agree about the two fish though they do look unnatural since they are in the same position
the water in the distance is a little noisy as well

Phylloxera

Quote from: Sengin on June 11, 2008, 01:41:22 AM
Each fish looks great, but when you take both of them at the same time they look fake because they are in the same position, it looks extremely unnatural.  If there's not a way to change the angle of one of the fish's tail fin (the one further from shore would get my vote), you could at least rotate the whole fish a little more and it should help.  Oh, and the grass needs a little more AA, but other than that, good job  ;D
OK have you seen a lot of fish in water, I think no !!
The AA of the grass just for your information : 20
Thank's for your comment !  ;)

otakar

Once again a beautiful image. I am very impressed by the rocks and the overall realism.

lightning

Quote from: Phylloxera on June 11, 2008, 01:09:58 PM
Quote from: Sengin on June 11, 2008, 01:41:22 AM
OK have you seen a lot of fish in water, I think no !!
The AA of the grass just for your information : 20
Thank's for your comment !  ;)
I think YES!!! i have a river running straight through my farm full with fish!!!!
and i am down there a lot and i have never seen fish in the exact same position
maybe similar but not exact

Mohawk20

I've seen lots of rivers with fish, and a lot of times the fish swam very much a like, so this could be one the coincidental times where they are in the same pose by accident...

I like this one, the fish make it look more real.
Howgh!

Mr_Lamppost

The scale of the waves and the way they are restricted to the areas away from the shore are a vast improvement in this new version, much more realistic. 

I am not convinced by the repeated fish.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Moose

Quote from: Mr_Lamppost on June 11, 2008, 07:56:00 PM
I am not convinced by the repeated fish.

I don't think it's unrealistic to see fish aligned like this in nature - but because we know it's cg we automatically feel the need to add 'some' variation to make it appear more natural. All said and done though, this is amongst one of the most realistic TG renderers I've seen - Imiage of the month IMO.  :)

Phylloxera

The ideal would be to work by changing the image fish, but it has only limited interest.
I prefer to work on something else! Whatever?  :)