A Brand New Day! --> 2400x1600 update

Started by Tangled-Universe, June 14, 2008, 12:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reck

Where can I download this klas grass?

Tangled-Universe

@ Lighting: well I didn't really break it, I meant it is just not working anymore...somehow. The magnetic strip works fine but the chip which allows me to make electronic transfers, for paypal for example ;), doesn't work anymore...

I don't remember from who the other grass models are. They're called "Lush Grass"...perhaps they're yours! ;D

lightning

HA!!! yea it is my grass!!! its from my V1 grass pack ;) duh i didnt even realise ;D
well thats made my day seeing my grass in such a great image!

old_blaggard

Very nice render, Martin.  I still think that the background mountains don't quite look right to me (maybe because of a lack of mid-range features?) but overall, definitely a good and accomplished image.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

reck

inkydigit

awesome at large scale...agree about the background mountains...but still the foreground more than makes up for it!

buzzzzz1

Congrats on the outcome Martin!  What makes this for me is the Plants and POV. Would love to see a version with no vegetation so we could see your displacements and surface work.
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: buzzzzz1 on July 25, 2008, 09:15:59 AM
Congrats on the outcome Martin!  What makes this for me is the Plants and POV. Would love to see a version with no vegetation so we could see your displacements and surface work.

That can be arranged :) You'll be surprised how ugly the foreground terrain is without vegetation :P

It's a pity many people don't spot/notice the ivy on the tree...

lightning

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: lightning on July 25, 2008, 05:52:41 PM
no i did how did you do that?

well, it's not that difficult :) Ivy Generator. After converting the Xfrog model to .obj and running it through Poseray I import it into IvyGenerator. Since it is a high-poly model the ivy growth process is fairly slow. Also, the controls aren't really intuitive at first, so it took quite some fiddling to get it look a bit decent :)
It's just that, as far as I know, I've never seen anybody using Ivy's on trees in TG. I can be mistaking of course!

zhotfire

QuoteIt's a pity many people don't spot/notice the ivy on the tree...
??? Pardon? How can you miss it? You'll have to excuse the lack of attention, we were all smitten with the overall quality (kinda like enjoying a really good strawberry smoothy). ;)

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: zhotfire on July 26, 2008, 02:47:11 AM
QuoteIt's a pity many people don't spot/notice the ivy on the tree...
??? Pardon? How can you miss it? You'll have to excuse the lack of attention, we were all smitten with the overall quality (kinda like enjoying a really good strawberry smoothy). ;)

Okay ;D I apologize ;)
Thanks for your comment :)

rcallicotte

LOL  TU is so dedicated to the details, he didn't realize how blown away we were by his artwork.  Ha!
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

FrankB

Martin,

I came back to this threat simply to let you know that in my eyes, this is the most beatiful TG2 render ever made by anyone! A matter of personal preference of course, but to me it really is. Even in case someone wouldn't fancy the scene as such, one has to bow to the exceptional use of and lighting on vegetation and the overall quality.

And as a side remark: I've noticed the ivy first thing!  ;D

Cheers,
Frank