Wish List for next incremental release

Started by The Geostation, January 11, 2007, 11:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: calico on January 29, 2007, 10:30:09 AM
I'm not sure if this has been listed, but it would be convenient to have the ability to select more than one node and then select the same property in all of the selected nodes to change it once.  In this way, we could then change that one setting for all of these selected nodes at the same time by one change instead of numerous changes to the same property in every node.

I second that...and in addition I'd love to see a selection rectangle for nodes...

§ardine

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on January 29, 2007, 02:06:48 PM
Quote from: calico on January 29, 2007, 10:30:09 AM
I'm not sure if this has been listed, but it would be convenient to have the ability to select more than one node and then select the same property in all of the selected nodes to change it once.  In this way, we could then change that one setting for all of these selected nodes at the same time by one change instead of numerous changes to the same property in every node.

I second that...and in addition I'd love to see a selection rectangle for nodes...

All in favor say I? :D
Both are great ideas!

rcallicotte

Anything to make it easier to work with the nodes.  A rectangle...any way to grab those babies more easily. 

And it would be nice for the mouse image to change over the node to something registering the fact that the mouse is ready for me to grab the node.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

FrankThomas

One thing I'd quite like is, when you import an object, can we have a wireframe representation of it or something like that in the render preview - the box makes it very hard to accurately position something.

king_tiger_666

that would a great addition allowing a wireframe preview... on many objects/xfrog trees I've tried relying on the box is more or less guess work until a quick render is done to get placement accurate...

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

rcallicotte

Yes.  Useful idea.

Quote from: FrankThomas on January 30, 2007, 06:48:34 AM
One thing I'd quite like is, when you import an object, can we have a wireframe representation of it or something like that in the render preview - the box makes it very hard to accurately position something.

king_tiger_666

how about a way to minimize to a toolbar icon, eg where sound control icon is, while rendering?.... too many times i've acidentially closed a rendering windows:(..

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Angealus

[quote author=calico link=topic=436.msg5236#msg5236 date=1170098517

And it would be nice for the mouse image to change over the node to something registering the fact that the mouse is ready for me to grab the node.
[/quote]

Calico it already does that, they're just so small you can't see the color change. They go all the way white I believe.

Dark Fire

Quote from: FrankThomas on January 30, 2007, 06:48:34 AM
I have the same problem guessing where, within the box, my object is. However, a wireframe would not be a good idea for all objects.

Quote from: king_tiger_666 on January 30, 2007, 04:51:50 PM
how about a way to minimize to a toolbar icon, eg where sound control icon is, while rendering?.... too many times i've acidentially closed a rendering windows:(..
That's another good idea, although I think that there are programs somewhere on the internet that can do that for you.

moodflow

Anyone see any notes as to when the next update will be?
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

moodflow

Besides the bug fixes, I am really looking forward to the water having transparency, color, and foam near the edges. 

The transparency and color will allow us to make carribean style water, and the foam will hopefully have an input to where we could attach fractal and image shaders, etc.

As everything else seems to be working well (or otherwise has a workaround), I think the water options mentioned above should be a priority.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

§ardine

Quote from: moodflow on February 01, 2007, 04:13:47 PM
As everything else seems to be working well (or otherwise has a workaround), I think the water options mentioned above should be a priority.

Good point moodflow.
I think those are definitely the additions I would like to see next -after bug fixes like you said  ;)

rcallicotte

Quote from: Angealus on January 30, 2007, 05:24:55 PM
Calico it already does that, they're just so small you can't see the color change. They go all the way white I believe.

You're right.  I can't see it. 

The Geostation

Here's another idea.

An input on the Twist and Shear box that will allow the direction to adjusted over position.    I wonder if that's feasible.    Not particularly high priority, but might be nice to see later on.

Andrew Randle
The Geostation
Andrew Randle
The Geostation

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: The Geostation on February 02, 2007, 05:54:13 AM
Here's another idea.

An input on the Twist and Shear box that will allow the direction to adjusted over position.    I wonder if that's feasible.    Not particularly high priority, but might be nice to see later on.

Andrew Randle
The Geostation

Isn't the redirect shader more or less concerning this?