rock study

Started by inkydigit, July 11, 2008, 04:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

@ Phylloxera ...I wasn't so much "ball breaking" as 'nit picking'...it's my Venus in Virgo that makes me do that...LOL.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Quote from: chaps on July 12, 2008, 10:13:30 AM

So I think that any picture may be considered as a function from the pixel set to the rgb color set. ;D

I'm sure you are all very grateful for this luminous explanation... poil au menton.

Pascal.

Actually it's one of the definations that could go in the Glossary of the Functions for Dummies I so long for.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

inkydigit

Quote from: bobbystahr on July 11, 2008, 11:21:27 PM
As I noted at ashundar, truely great rocks IMHO, but in Reply #3 you say you use a couple of redirect shaders...aren't those accessible thru the Functions Menu?
not in my version?
function nodes are blue, redirect shader is red...and I do not access it through the add function dialogue!!
thanks for commenting though!!
I may post a clip file of this if I get around to it....

bobbystahr

Quote from: inkydigit on July 16, 2008, 10:09:49 AM
not in my version?
function nodes are blue, redirect shader is red...and I do not access it through the add function dialogue!!

Now there's my problems...I am in fact fairly colourblind and as such node colours mean nada except confusion to me so I work mainly in the explorer type panel and with word names not colour significators....sigh...I'll get it eventually.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

inkydigit

Quote from: bobbystahr on July 16, 2008, 10:55:37 AM
Quote from: inkydigit on July 16, 2008, 10:09:49 AM
not in my version?

Now there's my problems...I am in fact fairly colourblind and as such node colours mean nada except confusion to me so I work mainly in the explorer type panel and with word names not colour significators....sigh...I'll get it eventually.. ...
no worries Bobby man!
it was only splitting hairs anyway!!

chaps

Hi,

Thanks to your explanations, I started a small trial in order to understand how the redirect shaders works. I created with some functions and a displacement shader a very basic cone shaped mountain, and tried to apply the redirect shader. :P
Question? when a Power fratal is connected to the Y input, it behave as I guess it should do 8), but when I plug it into X (orZ) input, nothing occurs ???. What do I am missing?

Pascal.

chaps

::) ::) ::) ::)

I got the answer by myself...

I will search a bit further the next time.

Bye