mega ground cover pack anyone interested?

Started by lightning, July 18, 2008, 02:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightning

thankyou jimht for buying the pack i hope you enjoy them ;)
here is the link for the high res grass
http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=3852.0

JimHT

Great looking plants. Definitely worth the money. My only (minor) gripe is that the scale seems a tad off. An average human is between 1.5 and 2 meters tall. Your spring grass is quite a bit larger than that. Placing the camera in Terragen at "eye level" results in the plants towering over your head. I realized I can adjust the scale in the population dialog box so its not a huge deal, but I'm always of the opinion that you should strive to keep scale "real" across your projects. Just a suggestion.

lightning

yes i agree with you i have no way of re scaling them well i didnt when i modeled them i do now i have made a scale scene in a program called nevercenter silo so my plant from now on will be to scale which will be cool ;D

DeathTwister

Hay bought the pack, but have not had the time to play as I am rendering something in TG2 now that will take a few days to render.  Once that is done I will test these babbies out /winks.  Good to know on the sizing issue.

DT
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions

rcallicotte

Great program!!

Quote from: lightning on July 21, 2008, 12:52:07 AM
...a program called nevercenter silo so my plant from now on will be to scale which will be cool ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?