mega ground cover pack anyone interested?

Started by lightning, July 18, 2008, 02:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightning

I am currently putting together a huge pack (34 models 7 species) of HQ ground covers for terragen 2
the pack includes
oxe eye daiseys x4
saut horn (kind of weed looks very nice) x3
undergrowth grass x4
dock plant x3
buttercups x4
field nettlesx4
field poppy x4
swamp grass x4

this pack will really add a lot of realism to peoples scenes in terragen 2
there have been a lot of scenes i have seen that are very good but for ground covers the just use like a species of grass so it turns out not as realistic as you think.
with this pack you would be able to revolutionise you scenes with weeds under bush flowers and much more!!
The pack will also include custom made textures plus pdf documentation and screenshots.
This pack is not going to be free its going to be 15 dollars US (about 7.1/2 Quid)
i think this price is very reasonable since there are a lot of models here. you would be hard pushed to find a model pack else where as cheap as this is going to be. Over on turbo squid you would probably be paying in the hundreds :)
it will be going on sale in about 2-3 days time will anyone be interested?

thanks jack ;D

p.s the models are all made im just texturing them at the moment!

gregsandor

It sounds interesting.  Sell it inexpensively if you want, but emphasize its quality rather than its price.   I don't care if it is the lowest priced set available.  I do care about quality of the set, the efficient modeling and texturing you used, the speed at which it renders, and the improvement it will make to the look of my scene.   If it includes low-poly count trees or highly realistic and detailed plants with more polys, if you properly sized and compressed quality textures from real plants, you used smart modeling techniques, say so.  That said I'll be looking for it when it goes on sale.  Good luck!

p.s.  Any plans to take a crack at these jungle trees?  http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=4425.0

inkydigit

I'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment, but will definately consider this in a few weeks or so!....sounds very interesting!

Tangled-Universe

I'm very interested and I have to say it is quite cheap for such an amount of models.

Can you post some examples to show the quality of these models?

I can save the money for this, but I hope I have the possibilty to pay using Paypal for instance, since I don't have any creditcard.

Martin

lightning

cool ;D
yes of coarse they are hq! ;D
i am the kind of guy who wont stop until its near perfect ;D
I would never put crummy plants on sale i would feel awful :-[
the textures are around 1024x1024 dimensions so they are very crisp and clear

TU
im going to post it over  here
http://www.digitalelements.be/
it doesn't seem to be working at the moment though which is worrying :-\

Tangled-Universe

I can pay with paypal there I see, great!

To my taste packages like these are more interesting than single models, just for your interest of course.
Looking forward to see your page/packages there.

Martin

rcallicotte

I might be.  I need to think about it and mull it over a bit.   ;D  <-- Choosy shopper
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

DeathTwister

Yep I pay ya your duckets bro make thumbs of the trees and ground pack so we can see what you made would be cool /winks & /smiles....

Let us know when and where the direct link is up and it is working /smiles....

Oh and Ilona (Rendo Artist) and I are making model/background Content for Poser and Daz and Vue to be released very soon the first few packs that is, and we hope in a while for TG2 when we can get better models in /smiles.....

DT
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions

cyphyr

seven and a half quid sounds a great price, one request though, can you release the obj's so those who can can modify the plants (keeping within your eula of course;) )?
Thanks and bring it on :)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

choronr

I'm definitely interested; keep us up with the details.

bertrand

Lightning, I'm interested. In which formats will the plants be available?

ZStar

You have my attention.  As others have indicated, I would be interested in some examples of what you are offering in the package.

RArcher

Certainly more interested in a large pack for $15 than for a single or couple trees for the same amount.  I would expect that for the enthusiast/hobbyist crowd that you have here at planetside larger packs of models at smaller prices will net you more interest and cash in the long run than small packs for more money.  I would have long since bought the Xfrog DVD's if they were a reasonable price, but for someone using TG for fun, $200 per DVD is far too expensive.

DeathTwister

Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions