Conjunction BIG

Started by Mahnmut, July 31, 2008, 10:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Mahnmut

@ McGyver:
feel free to photoshop it in and post the result if you like,
but the world I had in mind creating this does not belong to the star trek universe.
I thought about some strange coral-and-fungus like vegetation in the foreground, maybe some eyeballs like in the dark Crystal.
But now that Cyber-Angel was so kind to render for me what would have taken weeks on my machine, it will be a question of Photoshop.
Best Regards,
Jan

Mr_Lamppost

Nice image.  I haven't seen Dark Crystal since it came out so can't really place your inspiration.  ;D
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Mahnmut

@ Mr. Lamppost:
I can only recommend to watch the movie again, it just came out on dvd (together with "Labyrinth" and quite inexpensive).
Someone should show it to Lightning, there is such a lot of phantastic flora in it. ;)

My image is only very remotely inspired by the movie.
There is this black castle (which is much more bizarre than my "towers") standing in the middle of a barren plain surrounded by mountains.
And the big Showdown of the story takes place while there is a conjunction of the three suns.
I felt free to show a lesser conjunction of only two suns and nearly two of the moons.There is a wonderful planetarium or astrolabium in the movie (at Aughras place) which indicates that there is a lot of astronomy going on.
Glad you like it anyway :)
Best regards,
Jan

Mr_Lamppost

I noticed that DVD double pack the other day and almost bought it but I am not wanting to add to my "To watch" pile at the moment as I have things in there that I bought almost a year ago.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Cyber-Angel

I love both Sci-Fi and Fantasy movies and own among other things (Just for reference)

The Dark Crystal

Labyrinth

Legend

Krull

Dune

and Lady Hawk

I have yet been unable to find Hawk: The Slayer on DVD then I would have the complete sequence of films of that Genre from that period, I am acquainted with where in The Dark Crystal the aforementioned sequence that is the inspiration for this image.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel