vue - Spectral Atmospheres 2

Started by reck, August 13, 2008, 01:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohawk20

Hmmm, it's not pretty...

GO PlanetSide!!   ;D
Howgh!

reck

Yeah doesn't look very impressive at all.

Take away Vue's excellent vegetation and population features and there doesn't seem a lot there to get excited about.

lightning

yeah iwas going to buy an educational licence for vue 7 infinite which was $99 until found out that the licence only lasts 1 year ::) how budget is that :-\

Xpleet

That one pic on the e-on site is the only one of Vue7 clouds that has attracted me so far.

TBH Vue7 clouds are what Vue6 clouds should have been!

Vue clouds look way more natural than Terragen clouds in many if not most cases, but so far from what I've seen I still prefer the blobby Terragen clouds over the Vue clouds, cause they look more killer  ;D. However TG2's agonizing render times are nothing for me.

PG

What d'you mean blobby clouds? The only time I've ever had blobby clouds was when I messed around with the settings too much. Vue's the one with the blobby clouds because that's exactly how they're represented, a collection of spheres bundled together.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

PorcupineFloyd

Quote from: PG on April 01, 2009, 04:44:56 AM
What d'you mean blobby clouds? The only time I've ever had blobby clouds was when I messed around with the settings too much. Vue's the one with the blobby clouds because that's exactly how they're represented, a collection of spheres bundled together.

Hm, you must be talking about meta-clouds. Regular clouds (layered) work similar to those in TG2.

reck

Quote from: Xpleet on March 31, 2009, 11:36:13 PM
Vue clouds look way more natural than Terragen clouds in many if not most cases...

Really you think so? I was quite excited when I first heard about the cloud revamp for v7 of vue but after seeing the results I don't think it can compare to the TG clouds I see here, especially when created by people like Frank B.

Seth

Vue clouds look way more natural than Terragen cloud

ahahaha
April 1st, in france that's joke's day ! and you made me laugh with this one ^^

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

PG

Ozone is just an atmosphere plugin, it can't be used on its own and isn't anything to do with vue 7 other than it's based on the same technology.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Mohawk20

But the newsletter I just received said you can use it to create 'hyper realistic' atmospheres for Vue. Does that mean Vue can't do that by itself, and needs and extra plugin, that you have to pay extra for? Hmmmm...
Howgh!

domdib

It *sounds* quite impressive - has anyone here actually used it with 3DS Max or other programs, to see how it stacks up for realism?

sjefen

Judging from the images they show us, it's not very realistic.

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Walli

Ozone uses the same technology inside Vue and brings that to applications like max, lightwave, cinema4d and so on.

Jack

Quote from: Seth on April 01, 2009, 10:57:16 AM

Vue clouds look way more natural than Terragen cloud

ahahaha
April 1st, in france that's joke's day ! and you made me laugh with this one ^^
lol you are such a fanboy mate ;D
ah with your talent with terragen 2 you have every right to be (anyway congrats on getting your render on the start up of tg2 gold ;) )

but yeah i have to agree with you terragen 2 clouds are still one step ahead of vue 7 even with their new technology.

and i have had experience with ozone use it with max and cinema 4d and its brilliant I admit its integrates like magic and the clouds are very realistic with the new spectral 2 technology
but terragens clouds are still not photo realistic

this image here no offense choronr but the clouds seem to have a water colour effect to them the light just doesnt scatter properly as it does in real life even lucs clouds look the same they are damn realistic still not photoreal

My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/