Terragen 2 techno preview prob!![rendering time!!]

Started by r1nk, August 28, 2008, 04:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r1nk

Here is the image when i double-clicked Terragen 2 Techno Preview.

Then, i tried to made a terrain as simple as possible. It consist of one texture for shader, an atmosphere and a sunlight. I then clicked 'render'. Here the settings i used.

After bout 40 mins rendering, this 'pop-up' thing came, and when i clicked 'ok', TG2 closed.

So, any suggestion?!
btw, I tried to reinstall TG2, and its still the same problem.

Seth

seems to be memory related problem... isn't that lookin' like old memory leak stuff ?

r1nk

Quote from: seth93 on August 28, 2008, 05:23:37 AM
seems to be memory related problem... isn't that lookin' like old memory leak stuff ?
Hmm, well the free spaces on local disk(c) r only 2.29gb left...

You think that the problem?!

Seth

what about your RAM ?
maybe try lookin' (and post your problems) in this section : http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?board=9.0

and here maybe : http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?action=search2

rcallicotte

Seth is right.  This usually means you have too much going on in your scene for your machine to handle.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

r1nk

Quote from: seth93 on August 28, 2008, 08:30:53 AM
what about your RAM ?
maybe try lookin' (and post your problems) in this section : http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?board=9.0

and here maybe : http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?action=search2

My ram is just 257mb.

btw, i see no different posting this on the issue section...

Quote from: calico on August 28, 2008, 10:21:26 AM
Seth is right.  This usually means you have too much going on in your scene for your machine to handle.
Hmmm, so any solution?

rcallicotte

Two possible solutions -

1.  Up your RAM and your processor power.  But, it's largely a memory issue.

2.  Another possible solution is to cut out pieces of your scene's complexities and / or your imported models.

r1nk

Quote from: calico on August 28, 2008, 10:29:37 AM
Two possible solutions -

1.  Up your RAM and your processor power.  But, it's largely a memory issue.

2.  Another possible solution is to cut out pieces of your scene's complexities and / or your imported models.
kk... I think im gonna try to lowering the render setting. Hopefully it works.

Thanx u both!

Matt

A warning appeared while rendering, telling you that it was unable to allocate some memory. It tells you that you may be able to avoid this error by reducing the size of the "subdiv cache", which you can find in the Advanced tab of the Render settings. If it's currently at 400, try reducing it to 100. Restarting your computer before rendering and making sure nothing else is using a lot of RAM or CPU power will help.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Matt

257 Mb RAM is below our minimum requirements for Terragen 2, unfortunately (I assume you mean that you have 257 Mb RAM in total on your computer?). Our minimum requirement on Windows 2000 and Windows XP is 512 Mb (with 1Gb being strongly recommended on XP). On Vista, 1Gb is the absolute minimum, and at least 2Gb is strongly recommended.

If you can install more RAM you will probably find that Terragen renders much more quickly too.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

r1nk

Quote from: Matt on August 28, 2008, 10:42:31 AM
257 Mb RAM is below our minimum requirements for Terragen 2, unfortunately (I assume you mean that you have 257 Mb RAM in total on your computer?). Our minimum requirement on Windows 2000 and Windows XP is 512 Mb (with 1Gb being strongly recommended on XP). On Vista, 1Gb is the absolute minimum, and at least 2Gb is strongly recommended.

If you can install more RAM you will probably find that Terragen renders much more quickly too.

Matt

Owh...

btw, i tried to lower the cache and quality, and it works! The render was completed. =)

rcallicotte