Terragen 2 Beta Discussion

Started by PG, October 20, 2008, 08:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PG

Well Matt has just released new info on the beta. Definately some great new additions, I especially like the mask painter. What do you guys think of the additions, heard or unheard of before? I'm interested to see how the painter shader works, like the terrain sculpt tool in 0.9?
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

jo

Hi,

Attached is an image showing the Painted Shader in use as a density shader for a population. I painted my name ( I'm so creative ;-) in the shader preview, but could also have done it in the 3D Preview. It's not a tremendously exciting example, but it gives an indication of the possibilities.

Regards,

Jo

lightning

so this is just like painted eco systems in vue thats awesome!

dandelO

Fantastic, this is very exciting now!

freelancah

lightning

YEAH GREAT NEWS! can you paint in the big preview window?

edit sorry you already said that :P thats awesome this is really going improve terragens workflow are you taking the limit of 16 shaders per object?

buzzzzz1

Sweet! Thanks for the info Matt and Jo.
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

cyphyr

Great news, looking forward to it :)

Just a few thoughts as I drink my morning coffee ...

Painter Shader looks cool, especially since it looks to work in camera view.
Undo and Undo History, wow now this really is going to change how we work in TG.
Rock Object, thought it was gona' be dumped, never really used it (was way too buggy), looking forward to giving it a go.
Cloud Layer V2 improvements, looking for ward to checkin this out, faster better clouds is always a god thing.
AA filters and Bloom, both much needed and very welcome.
Enable test colour, looks useful although I think I kinda use shaders that way anyway (stick a really bright colour in to test placement/distribution).
Most of the rest seem like bug squashing and as such are very welcome.

Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

dandelO

QuoteFixed a bug where using custom input presets stopped shift-click multiple selection working in the network view.

This was a problem I couldn't get around with custom bindings, I'm glad it's fixed.

Is there a 'redo' function to accompany the 'undo'? i.e: undo=ctrl+z, redo=ctrl+y(or other such key). And, is there a limit to redoing undo's if this is a supported function?

jo

Hi Dandelo,

Currently Redo is not supported but it will be in the future. Supporting undo was quite a lot of work in and of itself. I was going to do undo and redo at the same time but decided to just get undo working first up. When redo is supported it should have the same limits as undo, which is currently only limited by available memory and in the future may become unlimited.

Regards,

Jo

reck

Oh this is all very exciting  :D

QuoteFixed a problem with the finish and display of renders:

I'm really glad this one has been fixed. I'd really started to notice this when doing a lot of fast test renders.

QuoteRock object improvements

Yeah so we can use the rock object now. I think this has been broken from day one, so it's good to see it's finally been fixed.

Quote"Microvertex jittering" option in the renderer

I'm rendering an image right now where I can see parallel lines in the subdivision pattern so hopefully this fix will reduce/get rid of it.

Also the undo and painter shader are the big headline features. Look forward to trying these out.

Mohawk20

Just: YAY!!!

Can't wait to try the painting tool and Rock object!!
Howgh!

sonshine777

Sounds Awesome!!! I guess I will have to start saving up for a better machine so I can take advantage of all the new goodies. :)

reck

Quote from: sonshine777 on October 21, 2008, 11:04:11 AM
Sounds Awesome!!! I guess I will have to start saving up for a better machine so I can take advantage of all the new goodies. :)

How about a core i7