Animation Render

Started by rcallicotte, October 30, 2008, 03:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

I have a question that I'm sure is easy to answer, but I have completely ignored animation until now and I can find nothing on this.  I have an animation I have already created.  Now, how do I render the individual frames?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

rcallicotte

Render Sequence. 

Answered my own question.  Hope this helps.   ;D

bigben

You might also consider creating a batch file to render each frame via TGDCLI.  You can then reorder the frames that are rendered to get an idea of your animation before it's finished.

I render every 1/128, 1/64, 1/32 etc.... frame to build up a progressively smoother animation.

rcallicotte

Thanks Ben.  I'm on the new adventure of discovering animation in TG2.  It's interesting.  I need to setup a way to use batch files next as well as understand CHAN files, etc.

neon22

Try this: http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=4211.msg44441#msg44441
and source to do it in a UI is pointed to in a message two messages above this one.

rcallicotte

Sensational.  Thanks to you, neon22.

bigben

I'm reworking my own render farm database system for my own needs and will release it at a later date.  As my focus is mainly on animations it won't be as useful for cropped renders. I use it mainly to resort the frame order into a progressive render, and spreading this across multiple computers so that a preview of the animation is built up as quickly as possible. It's a fairly low tech apporach but it's realtively effective. 

I also incorporate the use of panormama tools for reprojecting the image and creating spherical panoramas on the fly (if required) and any other commandline tools that I end up using (ImageMagick, Arbaro to name a few).

And lastly, CHAN file conversion (e.g. TGS to CHAN) and some basic interpolation of key frames, although once again it will work mainly with existing data and converting it to a form ready for use with TG2.  It's not intended to be a universal rendering tool but bits of it may be useful to others.

rcallicotte

I'll be back and asking questions as I dig into this more.  This is cool.