Today's surprise-Beta Release

Started by dwilson, November 09, 2008, 06:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwilson

I got a little surprise today, an email announcing the release of the Terragen 2 Beta.  I am surprised that I am the first the post about it.  Thanks Planetside.  The painted shader is awesome and now when I make a mistake and press ctrl-z, terragen actually changes my settings back.  Undo will be so helpful.

Anyone who hasn't gotten their email yet now has something to look forward to.

eneilb

Yeah, I just got my notice too.  I haven't taken a look yet, but can't wait!

Aagam

Can't wait to give the painted shader a go.

monks

PG

Not quite the first, mohawk mentioned it in the beta teasers topic :D If you can't see the email it may be in your junk folder, it was for me.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

dwilson

I stand correted.  I guess I was so exited I forgot to look at all the different sections

bigben

I have been having an absolute ball with the painted shader. Firstly for touching up image map masks .e.g. My river/lake masks invariably end up putting a river on a steeper slope due to resolution restrictions of the image map.  I just add a painted shader in after the image map (keeps its multiple connections to the colour adjust nodes nicely) and then edit away.

I was playing around with a few other ideas on the train this morning and have a simple test scene rendering now.  Lots of other ideas waiting to test.

lightning

cool thanks for the notice ;) does anyone know how to change your email address planetside uses because i use on old email address i never use anymore and i want to change it to my new email?

neuspadrin

id say just email them.

also, you dont need to update by the email, just open up your current version and hit check for updates and it will send you to the same link based off your key on your computer already.

GarryFre

I was  running through a tutorial and stumbled on a thing that seems to cause my brand new copy of TG2 beta to immediately exit to desktop.

Open TG2.
Click Shaders
Click Add Layer and choose "Surface Layer"
On the  Colour tab, Click the "..." button   to the right of "Color Function" and choose Assign Shader "/Surface layer 01".
TG2 exits to desktop  Immediately without any error message.

XP Pro with SP-3
Intel Quadcore system.

If there are any log files I can send, let me know and I'll send them along.
The world malfunctions in mysterious ways.

bigben

Here's a quick and dirty test to make a rock wall, using the painted shader as a mask to place the wall.  A couple of object counter errors, but it's showing promise.  4 rock populations stacked on top of each other

bigben

Quote from: GarryFre on November 09, 2008, 11:42:29 PM
I was  running through a tutorial and stumbled on a thing that seems to cause my brand new copy of TG2 beta to immediately exit to desktop.

Open TG2.
Click Shaders
On the  Colour tab, Click the "..." button   to the right of "Color Function" and choose Assign Shader "/Surface layer 01".

That is setting up a loop, connecting the output of a shader to one of its inputs.

mogn

Oshyan

Quote from: bigben on November 09, 2008, 11:47:48 PM
Quote from: GarryFre on November 09, 2008, 11:42:29 PM

Open TG2.
Click Shaders

That is setting up a loop, connecting the output of a shader to one of its inputs.

Exactly. Loop checking is not yet implemented unfortunately.

- Oshyan

gregsandor

How do we export the painted shader?