vegetation and trees with Terragen2

Started by aymenk2003, February 24, 2009, 05:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aymenk2003

I ve tried to insert vegetation or trees in my landscape but after rendering I've got nothing...I ve XFrog but I've got nothing...after the render

Seth

you should send the tgd so we can have a look

sjefen

Are you sure the vegetation is in the camera's view and also sitting on the terrain and not under it?

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Oshyan

What method did you use to insert vegetation - did you simply add single objects, or are you using a Population?

- Oshyan

Hannes

Btw, size matters! ;D Maybe they are too small?!

aymenk2003

All what I've done is Object ->Tgo Reader and Population ->tgo reader
I've changed the scale but nothing...
[attach=F:\Graphics\Terragen2\TUT_Project\Mountain.tgd]

aymenk2003

[attach="F:\Graphics\Terragen2\TUT_Project\Mountain.tgd"]

aymenk2003

[attach=#]

aymenk2003

neuspadrin

Did you move the objects into the view of the render camera?  Also, with object populations you need to make sure you move the population, NOT the individual objects.

Here's a decent tutorial on the basics of setting up objects/populations that might be able to help you sort out what you need to do to get objects in properly.

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=63

aymenk2003

Thanks to All..with your Help I've seen the Grass it's a first step...
but still wonder where is my trees....??

Hannes

As far as I understand you can't find your population at all. If this is the case, do the following:
When you create a population and you want to know where it is, look for the "area center", that's where the population is placed on your planet. Zoom out in the preview window, don't hit "set camera". Then type in some values (you can try hundreds or even thousands) for the area center in the first and third box (not in the second one, because it determines the height where your population is).
Look if you notice a white square changing place. That's your population. Adjust the placement and the size of your population (area length a and b).
When you check "use density shader" you can apply a distribution shader, to make your instances appear where you want them to).
Don't forget to reselect your render camera under "select different view cameras" to get your initial view again.

If you DID find your population, but can't see any object in the rendering, maybe your object is too large. Play with the values and also with the object spacing. Check "preview instances" and hit "populate now". If everything is OK, you should see the proxies appear.
Another tip: for testing purposes the lowest render quality is enough, but for the final render always use the best quality.

Hope this helps.

aymenk2003

Ok Hannes I've got my trees and my grass on a plane landscape... but I've got another problem: how to spreed a population of grass on a sloped landscape (different altitude) ???

aymenk2003

thanks a lot Seth , my problems are solved at 80% . Terragen 2 is Great