Who's done that ?

Started by Seth, March 02, 2009, 07:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moodflow

http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Mohawk20

Just finished another test... I found out that decreasing the decay distance actually works a lot better than increasing it. Now running a render with even less DD.

Below a few version of one render saved in exr.
The first is made a lot darker by decreasing exposure to show what it would look like without water transparency.
The second has a little levels adjustment and shows what the original render looks like, but only a bit lighter.
The last one has extra high exposure and shows what actually goes on in the dark depths of this stone.

I was very happy with the result and will probably finish this project after the next render. (I still have a parted sea that needs some people to save...  :P)
Howgh!

Mohawk20

And here is the last one.
Rendered at 1 detail (the others were at 0.5), and just a few small tweaks. Adjusted levels and exposure of the exr in post.
I'm very happy with the result, which shows a very crude form of SSS is definitely possible, and it can even look like the preview images posted earlier.

For those who want to take a look, the tgd is also attached.
Howgh!

Confusoid

Interesting results. I tried playing with the water shader by itself using a high volume with a nice icey blue color tone but after waiting for the long water shader render times i just gave up.   :P

Mohawk20

These renders didn't take so long, though they were over-night renders. Since the planet was a bit smaller but still a planet relatively far from the camera the render times dropped. Orbital or planetary shots always render faster than detailed 'on the ground' shots.
Howgh!

rcallicotte

Thanks Mohawk.  This looks like Play-Do.   :D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?