March update

Started by Matt, March 13, 2009, 02:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zylot

Ba da daaaaaa       ba da dada da

Marcos Silveira

Quote from: Zylot on March 30, 2009, 02:06:59 PM
Ba da daaaaaa       ba da dada da

:o Oh My God!!! All this waiting has gone to his mind!!!
He´s crazy!!! Someone bring his meds right now!!!!! :D :D :D

rcallicotte

Should we be completely shocked (no disrespect meant, though), if Planetside's release comes in April?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mohawk20

Quote from: calico on March 30, 2009, 02:54:35 PM
Should we be completely shocked (no disrespect meant, though), if Planetside's release comes in April?

April when? 1st would be a great joke of course, and I don't mind that (though the previous statement of "this month" would be wrong).
But halfway or even end April would be very bad for any credibility they have left.

Deliver tomorrow and their credibility will increase, any later and they can kiss a good marketing start goodbye.

But I still have faith!  8)
Howgh!

PorcupineFloyd

I agree on 1st of April. That would be an interesting birthday gift from abroad ;-)

But then, taking into account that I do not celebrate my birthday - tomorrow is a better date after all :P

Oshyan

The docs will be a continuation of what has been available thus far, i.e. basic tutorials and guidance on working in the major layout areas of TG2 - Objects, Terrain, Shaders, Water, Atmosphere, Lighting, Cameras, Renderers, and the Node Network. A basic node reference will also be available.

More complex tutorials on specific or advanced techniques will have to wait, and that unfortunately includes the function nodes. Although really the mathematical approach to scene creation is probably something outside of our scope to teach as it's a more general concept and mostly dependent on a good knowledge of math.

- Oshyan

zionner

Mohawk20

Quote from: zionner on March 30, 2009, 05:09:03 PM
My skepticism won! :P

Yay  ???

(Did you notice how Oshyan didn't comment at all about the release date? I'm getting excited!)
Howgh!

Mohawk20

Today's the day!!!

I guess 23:59 will be the time of release... if that's Greenwich Mean Time, it would be April for some of us, but the promise of this month would be kept, strictly speaking.
I can't wait... :o
Howgh!

PorcupineFloyd

Yeah, let's play hungry crowd!

Release! Release! Release! Release! Release! Release! Release! (and so on, and so on)

;)

cyphyr

Quote from: PorcupineFloyd on March 31, 2009, 06:56:52 AM

Release! Release! Release! Release! Release! Release! Release! (and so on, and so on)

;)
sung to the theme of Spam (Monty Python) or the ubiquitous Badger Badger song :)
richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

domdib

Is anyone else refreshing the forums and the planetside site every five minutes, to see if they can be the first to spot the release in the wild?  ;)

PorcupineFloyd

Nah, relax. Go to the park to run for a while instead. The weather's beautiful today :>

At last you'll be less nervous ;)

Kranky

Quote from: domdib on March 31, 2009, 07:38:54 AM
Is anyone else refreshing the forums and the planetside site every five minutes, to see if they can be the first to spot the release in the wild?  ;)

Yes, of course! ;D ;D ;D

EDIT:
I just found this on the TG2 FAQ.
QuoteWhen will TG2 be available?
[...]
The final version of TG2 is expected to be released in 2008.

jo

Quote from: domdib on March 31, 2009, 07:38:54 AM
Totally!