I Have A Confession To Make :(

Started by jackblack, April 02, 2009, 10:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackblack

All of you guys are going to hate me after this and will probably never help me or anything after this, but I'm going to come clean anyways.

I have a cracked version of Terragen 2, I wanted to buy the thing originally, but I couldn't find on the website how to do that. I have not made any money off of Terragen, I'm not that good, but I wanted to play with the animation and get bigger sizes ect., I wanted to learn more about it (nor did I ever plan on using my cracked version for profit, I'm not a pro artist, I used to be many years ago, but I'm not any more nor do I wish to be) so I decided to get a cracked version. My license won't work on the new update, so is there some way I can purchase Terragen 2 and will my license work for all the updates and versions?

Sorry to tell you guys, also, I don't recall where I got my cracked version, I think it was on katzforums.om, but I don't recommend that you go to that site cause there's a virus on it (I think it's conficker).

Thanks,

-Jimmy

cyphyr

Kudos for coming clean :)
You can buy a full version of Terragen here

Quote from: Terragen 2Pre-Purchase options

Pre-Purchase Terragen 2 "Deep": $199 (upgrade from registered v0.9 for $100)

* Terragen 2 Technology Preview without feature restrictions
    * License for one user and 3 additional render node licenses
    * Free updates to Terragen 2 "Deep" edition final release and subsequent minor updates (2.x versions)

Pre-Purchase Terragen 2 "Deep" with Animation: $299 (upgrade from registered v0.9 for $200)

* Terragen 2 Technology Preview without feature restrictions
    * Animatable parameters, motion blur, improved anti-aliasing for animations
    * License for one user and 5 additional render node licenses
    * Free updates to Terragen 2 "Deep" edition final release and subsequent minor updates (2.x versions)
    * Free updates to Terragen 2 Animation module available upon final release and subsequent minor updates (2.x versions)

Get it now as the price will go up soon :)

good luck

richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

jackblack

Thanks for posting that!

So with the prepurchase do they send me a license or something (Of, btw, don't worry about me uploading it, I don't do that kinda stuff, I was just really desperate to get TG2), do I get TG2 right away or do I have to wait for the final release, the "Gold Edition"?

nixx

You can buy it from this page. See, it wasn't so hard to find, was it :)

The rest I won't comment on  ::)

edit : cyphyr beat me to it. Would you still "come clean" if your license still worked with the update ?
I 'm child, and man, then child again; the boy never gets older

jackblack

Quote from: nixx on April 02, 2009, 10:51:22 PM
You can buy it from this page. See, it wasn't so hard to find, was it :)

The rest I won't comment on  ::)

edit : cyphyr beat me to it. Would you still "come clean" if your license still worked with the update ?

Yeah, simply because I do appreciate this program and wish to see many advancements on it, only one way o get that done.

Believe it or not I was not able to find that prepurchase thing on the main site, I looked all over on there for a way to buy it, but never found it, when I originally started using TG2 I couldn't find where to purchase it either.

jackblack

Ok, I just purchased TG2 Animation.

How much do you think it will be in the future?

Moose

Quote from: jackblack on April 02, 2009, 10:41:29 PM
I have a cracked version of Terragen 2, I wanted to buy the thing originally, but I couldn't find on the website how to do that. I have not made any money off of Terragen, I'm not that good, but I wanted to play with the animation and get bigger sizes ect. Bla Bla Bla...

Good that you now see sense!

But just so you know, you cant justify your actions with the lame excuses you gave - so don't even try as it just makes you look silly. You were a theif and that's all there is to it. You'll just have to accept that - we have.

Search Google "buy terragen 2" - http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&hs=d4z&q=buy+terragen+2&btnG=Search&meta=

And it doesn't matter that you were using the product only on a recreational basis either (or is it alright to walk into a sports shop and take a football without paying just because you wanted a kick-about, whilst not harbouring any ambitions of turning pro?). If Planetside thought it was alright, they wouldn't provide a near-uncrippled demo version for people like yourself to experience (and that's probably more than the sports shop does).

At the end of the day, thieves deprive companies (Planetside here) of income. That's food on table; clothes on kids' back; money to pay bills with etc. No matter how unfair it may seem to you, it's just not yours to say how it should be used.

That said, I don't think anyone hates you. We're all human and have all stolen at various times in our lives when we were weak. The good thing is to realise why we did it, and in future to rise above that no-matter-what. That way we can feel proud that we have integrity - and that counts for a lot.

Quote from: jackblack on April 03, 2009, 12:07:03 AM
Ok, I just purchased TG2 Animation.

How much do you think it will be in the future?

I think that depends on a lot of things. I'm having a hard time just trying to think what the 'regular' price of TG2 might be let alone the animation option. The market is definitely different now than when TG2 was first announced. Now, every second application is capable of a solution that may diminish TG's appeal for some. Bearing this in mind PS might price really competitively, just to be viable.

There're other ways of looking at it too...

dublin

Lol wat a loser the only reason he posted this is because ps blocked the heidi campbell from the gold version i bet if ps didnt do that he
wouldnt have even posted this topic i found the buying of tgd prety simple

PorcupineFloyd

What's the point in making such confession anyway? Will it change anything? If you want to buy original software then go on.

jackblack

Gee wiz guys, I seriously could'nt find on the planetside website where it buy it, not only did I want to clear my conscience I also wanted to buy it, but I couldn't find where on there website to buy it, it's not listed on there website, notice I say LISTED, it's not listed on there website, or at least to where I could see it, all the searches I found on the internet were reviews of TG2. That was my original reason for downloading (notice I did not steal anything, someone else did and shared it with me) the cracked version, that person probably actually bought the license. Let me ask you something, do any of you guys burn cds and maybe make a copy for your friends and whoever? It's the same thing. Anyways, I'm glad I bought myself the license.

And who the hell is Hiedi Campbell?

Tangled-Universe

Perhaps Heidi Campbell is the registred user whose license was uploaded by herself or stolen and uploaded by another.

neuspadrin

Quote from: jackblack on April 03, 2009, 09:21:57 AM
Gee wiz guys, I seriously could'nt find on the planetside website where it buy it,

I'm sorry but using the excuse not able to find the purchase, the link is on almost every single page, and those that it isn't, theres links to obvious places where it would be, like the FAQ. It's great that you decided to buy it... its just saying you couldn't find the purchase area but you could find the illegal version kinda shows where your efforts went. 

I do agree the site isn't made the best, but thats why they have a new version that looks like it should be released soon, probably to coincide with the full release of tg2.

rcallicotte

Whoever Heidi is she needs to contact Planetside.

What a frikkin' mess. 

GIVE US A BREAK!
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

PG

Quote from: jackblack on April 03, 2009, 09:21:57 AM
Let me ask you something, do any of you guys burn cds and maybe make a copy for your friends and whoever? It's the same thing. Anyways, I'm glad I bought myself the license.

Nope. I tell them to use the free version and if they want better picture quality and/or larger renders, to buy it.

Heidi Cambells license has been uploaded many times Dublin has been working to find the various uploads and report them.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Seth

c'mon guys, we are not the PS police... if the staff doesn't say anything, why should we do ?!