The Landing *V4* and Final

Started by FrankB, April 15, 2009, 09:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arisdemos

Wow that is one beautiful seaside simulation. I can't really think how you could make it any better. I think this is your best Tg2 image that I have looked at.

rcallicotte

Fantastic, Frank.  Have you considered using Photoshop (or Paint.NET or whatever) to touch up the right side whiteout?  Just touching that up would give one of the best renders in TG2's history a place among the classics, in my limited opinion.  This was beautifully done.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

RArcher

HI Frank,

Absolutely stunning.  I will disagree with the rest here and say that I really like the blown out light on the right, but then again from some of my images you might have guessed that I would like it. Your control of the fake stones is very impressive.

FrankB

Thank you all :)

I'm not surprised that the over bright horizon is an aspect that not everyone likes. Like Ryan, I think it adds to realism a lot, but then, tastes are different :)
I still plan to make another iteration of this render. I find that the yellowish plants are too big and the grasses are also to tall. Lastly, there are a few areas in the background that I plan to improve. But thank you for the encouragement.

Regards,
Frank

FrankB

ok, so here is the last version. Gotta move on to something else that is forming in my head.

Regards,
Frank

Mahnmut

That´s quite some change from your first version to this one,
I alread liked the first but I love this one, it´s realitic and so beautiful!
A place one would like to be at.
Best regards,
Jan

choronr

Frank, this is the best one of the works. Being down low gives the vegetation an opportunity to show off it's details; and, we have here a well balanced scene ...beautiful!

ra

Mouthwash? We don't need no stinking mouthwash!! [MI2]
See what I see: www.earthlings.com
http://dinjai.deviantart.com

Tangled-Universe

Hi Frank,

Looking good! The stones, water (scales and roughness) and lighting are pretty sweet. The overcast on the right brings warmth to the image, I like that.
Your choice of models is good, however the lighting on the models (still not the easiest thing in TG) is a bit "flat". Can't put my finger on it and think of which specific setting you would have to change, maybe the translucency because in the bigger bushes it seems a bit too high, but that's just thinking out loud.
Another thing, which is personal, is that I really like a waterdecay color. The transparency looks too white and I'd like to see it more greenish. Think that would be more realistic.
Besides that, you still have it :) ;)

Martin

Zylot

I really like how this turned out.

inkydigit

great place to end this journey...excellent!

efflux

Nice. Much more realistic set up than the first one.

FrankB

thank you! Your kind critics have been the main contributor to get the image thus far. Without them, I would have stopped after the first render, probably :-)

Cheers,
Frank