Your Top 5 Most Wanted Features

Started by RArcher, April 27, 2009, 10:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowphile

ender view tools, starting with a past-render buffer with right and left select buttons.  A pair of A/B assign buttons so that I can do a simple toggle between any two pictures.  Also add a magnify button so I can do a quick A/B check between two arbitrary ZOOMED images in the buffer queue.  And of course delete keys to clean up the buffer.  Oh yeah, an auto-crop button so I don't have to live with the huge black zone in my crop renders.

-Rotate handles on everything in the 3D view.

-More noise functions in the shaders. (at least voronoi)

-Node macros (keep clips trees inside a single box)

-Full 3D preview, ie an option button to render the view in all directions.  It would take longer of course and I wouldn't be able to move but I WOULD be able to spin in any direction immediately.  I'm mostly doing skybox work so checking my entire pano view is a very common function.

dandelO

Still. Object grouping. :) To combine items/objects and move them about under one 'group' parameter, which would obviously hotpoint at the centre of the group. That's a dream I've had for a long time.

jo

Quote from: shadowphile on September 19, 2009, 07:33:35 PM
-More noise functions in the shaders. (at least voronoi)

We have Voronoi noise but it's available in a slightly funny way. Several types of Voronoi noise are available from the Noise part of the Functions menu. To see anything useful from the noise functions there you need to connect something like one of the Get position function nodes to Voronoi nodes first input. I'm not really sure why these aren't available through something like the Power fractal node to be honest!

Quote-Node macros (keep clips trees inside a single box)

Although it isn't the same as a full macro system you can put nodes inside other nodes to keep node trees organised. We call these "internal networks". Right now it works best if you put the nodes inside group nodes, but the next release has a bunch of fixes and improvements which make this more versatile. To see the internal network of a node either click the Internal Network button next to the node name in the param view ( the icon shows 3 little connected nodes ). You can also context click a node in the node network and choose Internal Network from the context menu. You can connect node inputs and outputs to nodes which are inside or outside an internal network in various ways.

Regards,

Jo

timj

How about an Iterator node?

With a hardcoded Maxiteration limit (to avoid endless loops)

Inputs would be:
IterationCountToDo
Anything from another node

Outputs would be:
Output result at current Iteration count (feed this to the input of another node whose output is connected to the input of the Iterator)
Output current Iteration count (for monitoring or other control?)
Output final result when IterationCountToDo has been reached - this to be fed to the next node in the chain.

This would enable all sorts of recursive functions/features.

...or am I dreaming ..or does a similar function already exist in TG2 ?

CCC

I think i had requested that as well. This would be good for canyon lands and other certain geological features. Something like a iterated rigid marble noise would probably look best for certain types of canyon networks like what is seen in places like Arizona, Utah etc.

CCC

It would make more sense to have all available noises, both current and up-coming to be present in the drop down list in the power fractal shader.

Ricowan

Only thing I would really like is 64bit.  I have 12gb in my desktop now, i7 920.  I can only imagine how much render improvement I'd see if TG2 could take advantage of the available RAM.

Rich

pfrancke

My top 5 most important items, and I'll be as clear about it as I can be.
1)  64 bit
2)  64 bit
3)  64 bit
4)  64 bit
5)  64 bit

Everything else pales.... erm I mean color adjust gamma white.

security

1) Linux 32-bit
2) Linux 64-bit
3) New native version to be tested and 100% working on ubuntu,
4) Fedora and
5) openSUSE

Wouldn't it be nice to just get a native linux version of terragen?

Sign in this petition, I'm sure it'll help!

http://petitiononline.com/sxiii/

TheBlackHole

I'd like:
1. Animation in the free version but restricted to 300 frames.
2. Rotating planets/image maps.
3. Wireframe previews of all objects except planets and populations.
4. Displacement on rocks.
5. Some fractal shader that gives the same results as the Alpine Fractal but on a planetary scale with no Y distortion/symmetry.
5.5: Some kind of Easter egg. ;)
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

TheBlackHole

It would also be nice to have a Home version that isn't as expensive as Deep and has some of the same restrictions on rendering:
800x600>1024x768
3 rendered populations>5 rendered populations
All the other restrictions would be the same.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

N810

A small but usefull preset library like we had in TG 0.9  ;)
things like grass, sand, snow, dirt, trees, types of clouds and skys, ect...
Hmmm... wonder what this button does....

TheBlackHole

Quote from: N810 on July 14, 2010, 08:52:56 AM
NO! DON'T TOUCH THAT! *Earth explodes* ;D

N810

But I was only pushing button number 9...  ;)

dandelO

Quote from: melmartinez01 on July 16, 2010, 12:47:17 PM
I'm after proper transparancy, ie greyscale based

Me too, still.

And, object/item grouping, within a parent bounding box, that can translate grouped items/objects with one preview handle and/or group parent-node parameter input field.

That's all I want. Anything else is sugar coating. :)