Water not visible

Started by ProperChaos, May 10, 2009, 02:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProperChaos

Hello everyone,

I am new to Terragen, and I tried to follow a few tutorials. One of them is this one: http://nwda.webnode.com/news/making-of-wilderness/
I have followed this one, but I have one problem. This problem also appears in other projects.
The problem is that, when I create a Lake, it will not be rendered. The water level does not make a difference.
The position of the lake does not make a difference either. This is the same for the size of the lake.

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?
Thanks in advance.

Seth

can you send the tgd ?
I hope you didn't unchecked the "enable" button in the lake node :)

ProperChaos

No I didn't. ;)

Here is the .tgd:

neuspadrin

Position and water level always make a difference.  The water is above the camera currently, and not the renderer does not render under water.  By panning the camera up a tad I was able to see the water.  But something is up with the preview as it usually pretty much won't update. Might wanna simplify down some.

Position matters because water is a plane object.  Depending on where the plane is located on the planet and the radius etc the height becomes rapidly different.  Using water really has the best results near the center from what I've done.  Also since it wont render below water, it becomes invisible above the camera.

ProperChaos

Quote from: neuspadrin on May 10, 2009, 02:43:04 PM
Position and water level always make a difference.  The water is above the camera currently, and not the renderer does not render under water.  By panning the camera up a tad I was able to see the water.  But something is up with the preview as it usually pretty much won't update. Might wanna simplify down some.

Position matters because water is a plane object.  Depending on where the plane is located on the planet and the radius etc the height becomes rapidly different.  Using water really has the best results near the center from what I've done.  Also since it wont render below water, it becomes invisible above the camera.

This solved it. Thank you very much.  :D