NWDA image contest - The WINNERS

Started by FrankB, May 12, 2009, 05:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zylot

Aw, what is this.  A contest started while I've been laying around in the dark recovering from surgery (retinal re-attachment) in both my eyes.

Thank goodness it's not over till July!! I'll have to get crackin' as soona s I feel up to it.

reck

Quote from: Zylot on May 19, 2009, 07:19:42 PM
Aw, what is this.  A contest started while I've been laying around in the dark recovering from surgery (retinal re-attachment) in both my eyes.

Ah man I have nightmares about anything to do with eyes, well my eyes. If I ever needed to have an operation on my eye's i'd be crapping myself. I wouldn't even consider laser eye surgery so I wouldn't need to wear glasses and I can't even wear contact lenses because i'm such a wimp when it comes to eyes.

Zylot what did they actually have to do, did they knock you out and force your eyes open using something like out the film clockwork orange?

Zylot

Reck: you have my exact problem.  I was driving the nurses up the wall because I can't even handle eyedrops without flinching away. 

Essentially, they (THANKFULLY) knocked me out with general anaesthesia and put a buckle in my eye to force everything back together, and then cryo'd the tears shut. 

I did hear, before the operation, the docs talking to the guy next to me about how there'd be a local anaesthesia and then he'd have to stair at a pinpoint of light and not move his eyes AT ALL while they worked.  I thanked all my lucky stars I was not that guy.

domdib

Just to check something re the rules...

Quote from: FrankB on May 12, 2009, 05:15:54 PM

- Image maximum resolution is 1680 in width and 1050 in height. Anything below that is ok.
- Max image file size must be below 250 kb

I'm assuming that width and height can be swapped here (my potential entry is taller than it is wide)?

Thanks  :)

FrankB

Yes you can :-)

Quote from: domdib on May 26, 2009, 08:33:50 AM
Just to check something re the rules...

Quote from: FrankB on May 12, 2009, 05:15:54 PM

- Image maximum resolution is 1680 in width and 1050 in height. Anything below that is ok.
- Max image file size must be below 250 kb

I'm assuming that width and height can be swapped here (my potential entry is taller than it is wide)?

Thanks  :)

littlecannon

Is it ok to submit my Grassy Hill image into the comp?
Cheers,
Simon
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

FrankB

Quote from: littlecannon on May 26, 2009, 02:00:56 PM
Is it ok to submit my Grassy Hill image into the comp?
Cheers,
Simon

no, it's not too late of course. Please submit it. :)

Frank

rcallicotte

We have until July 15th, right?  What time would that be...?

Had to ask.   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

littlecannon

Excellent... still tweaking though. So much tweaking to do... ;D
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

FrankB

Quote from: calico on May 26, 2009, 03:33:25 PM
We have until July 15th, right?  What time would that be...?

Had to ask.   ;D

23:59:59 CET ;P

Mr_Lamppost

I will need to think about this but if I get the time count me in. 
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Mohawk20

I hope I can manage a scene that is good enough as well...
Howgh!

Henry Blewer

I submitted an image which the judges have asked me to tweek. This has been worth while, since I did the whole thing in about an hour. Rendering the picture took about 10 hours. I rarely take more than 3 hours to create a landscape.
Anyway, enough with that...
If they reject an image, see what they want you to change. My image is nearly ready to render, but everytime I change something and render, I see more tweeks to be made.
The best part of this contest is it's fun! It will hone our skill levels. I've learned quite a lot about T2, but there is so much I have not even tried. I have barely used the node network. I barely understand how to use image maps on objects, etc;
Good rendering everyone!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Zylot

Indeed, I can only hope that my image meets the standard, but if it doesn't, at least I have something to work on.  Always learning...

Tangled-Universe

Very good guys, we're pleased by your attitude :)
Keep in mind you still have quite some time to work on your image. I'd say, take it :) I've barely never made a good image under 2 weeks. Also, I suggest to open WIP-topics on your submission to get broader and more detailed feedback.

Martin