Black patches on finished render

Started by mt_sabao, May 26, 2009, 04:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domdib

mt_sabao

Hi guys,
thank you all for stepping in. At this time I decided to move to plan B, i cannot afford to spend more time in terragen :( so i'll just render the background/landscape in Terragen, and compose the Antennas in Cinema4D, I think I'll get nice results and in a more manageable time. I've spent already too much time in Terragen sorting out stuff, but will try to come back to this eventually to figure out what was wrong. But just to answer some questions here: my objects are already tgo. I've exported them using riptide from cinema, then see that they worked just fine terragen imported as obj, but then saved them as tgo. Re-imported them in my scene afterwards. This is not a population, it's several objects (i needed them to be in very specific spots). And yes, double sided. In the end, it's just weird that the scene renders fine in low quality, but if i increade the image size and quality it goes wrong...

Anyway, once again thanks guys. Will let you know how this looks with my new approach. Cheers

rcallicotte

I'm now having the same problem.  When I started out with my TG2 scene, everything rendered fine.  I have only two objects.  When I placed a Reflective Shader (RayTracer checked OFF) at the end of my Terrain node structure, I lost all of my objects to the Black Hole described in this thread.  Completely the same - the objects are now outlined silhouettes in black with no textures showing.  It doesn't seem to be a memory issue, since I'm only using about 600K of VRAM. 

I'll try removing the Reflective Shader tonight completely out of the node structure and see what happens.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Why would you put a reflective shader in the Terrain group? "600k of VRAM"? Do you mean 600MB of RAM?

- Oshyan

Jack

I get this error it mainly effects the sky :-\
they are so small though its easy just to patch them up in PS but it still needs to be fixed
here is an example
My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/

Oshyan

I think yours is a different error actually. The missing sky triangles are something we're looking into.

- Oshyan

Jack

the patches only occur when the system is running out of memory because this does not happen when i use terragen in 64bit
My terragen gallery:

rcallicotte

I get the black patches, too (Windows XP 64).  But, the missing textures on the models isn't related to the Reflective Shader, though that is what I switched before I began having problems.

@Oshyan - see the attachment for interpretive values.   ;D  And as far as a Reflective Shader in a Terrain Group - this works at the end of the Shader Node network to give the surface a sheen.

jo

Hi Calico,

That's virtual memory size, not VRAM. VRAM is of course Video RAM and is used for graphics.

Regards,

Jo

rcallicotte

Oh.  Thanks Jo.  Virtual Memory, which is Random Accessed Memory. 

Oshyan

No, Virtual Memory doesn't specify Random Access Memory (RAM) or not, it's a virtualization system for memory access, allowing for access to memory across multiple systems (RAM and disk-based for example), as well as potentially overcoming issues with memory fragmentation (to a degree). Just stick to Virtual Memory (VM). ;D

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

I mean this with the greatest sincerity - you're a nerd of the best kind. 

Quote from: Oshyan on May 30, 2009, 04:09:34 PM
No, Virtual Memory doesn't specify Random Access Memory (RAM) or not, it's a virtualization system for memory access, allowing for access to memory across multiple systems (RAM and disk-based for example), as well as potentially overcoming issues with memory fragmentation (to a degree). Just stick to Virtual Memory (VM). ;D

- Oshyan

Jack

Quote from: Oshyan on May 30, 2009, 04:09:34 PM

- Oshyan
..............................uh what he said :P
My terragen gallery:

neuspadrin

What? he kept it relatively simple :P he could've gone into more detail ;)

Jack

Quote from: neuspadrin on May 30, 2009, 11:54:28 PM
What? he kept it relatively simple :P he could've gone into more detail ;)
im a noob though....... ;)
My terragen gallery: