Terragen 2 with XfrogPlants Bundle Price changes and Mega-bundle

Started by xfrog, May 27, 2009, 02:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyphyr

I am so tempted by this ~ some of the buy now options include a "Planetside Coupon Code", where do we get one of these from ?
richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Mohawk20

Quote from: cyphyr on May 27, 2009, 10:22:07 AM
I am so tempted by this ~ some of the buy now options include a "Planetside Coupon Code", where do we get one of these from ?
richard
Mail to Support AT planetside.co.uk
Howgh!

Matt

Quote from: cyphyr on May 27, 2009, 07:10:30 AM
Wow now this is a very good deal. Since I own TG2 w/anim already then the upgrade will be $299 (-$100) = $199  or £124to get all 1300 tgo plants or $699 (-$100) = $599 or £374 to get all the plants in an editable format and XFrog 3.5 to edit them ~ excellent  ;D

No, that's not right. The $100 is only a refund if you already bought the upgrade to the bundle at the earlier price, because the new upgrade price is $100 less than previously and we didn't want to be unfair to people who already bought the upgrade.

The $699 XfrogPlants Bundle includes Animation, which is why the upgrade is a different price depending on whether you already bought animation.

If you are upgrading from Terragen 2 -> Terragen 2 with XfrogPlants Bundle, the upgrade is $399.
If you are upgrading from Terragen 2 with Animation -> Terragen 2 with XfrogPlants Bundle, the upgrade is only $299.

These prices were chosen so that people who have already bought Terragen 2 at the pre-release price can get to the bundle for the same total price as "sidegraders" from Vue, Carrara, Bryce and MojoWorld: that's $599 for now. If you buy Terragen after May 31st you will end up paying more, adding up to the list price of $699.

Upgrades to the Mega-Bundle are a bit different. There is only one upgrade price for owners of Terragen 2 or Terragen with Animation: $699. The Mega-Bundle includes Animation (no matter what version you are upgrading from) but Xfrog are trying to simplify because there are so many different upgrade options already.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

sjefen

ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

cyphyr

www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

rcallicotte

I'm sure these are wonderful models, but if I had $699 to spend on software it would likely go a couple of other places.  This is still a hitch of a price for me.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

pixelthekid

I'm a little confused at this pricing scheme. I purchased the TG2+animation XFrog bundle.  Of course I'd love to upgrade this to include the new editable plants and XFrog 3.5.  Can you explain how much this would be for a guy that can't seem to do math well today? =)

I will also email support for this info.

Thanks a lot guys, this is a serious perk and I can easily say I will spend the money I was thinking of spending on upgrading VUE on this deal instead.  I'm sure others will too.

Frankly, I live TG2 + XFrog, it's insane how nice renders turn out.

Mohawk20

Quote from: pixelthekid on May 27, 2009, 06:50:07 PM
I'm a little confused at this pricing scheme. I purchased the TG2+animation XFrog bundle.  Of course I'd love to upgrade this to include the new editable plants and XFrog 3.5.  Can you explain how much this would be for a guy that can't seem to do math well today? =)

I will also email support for this info.

Thanks a lot guys, this is a serious perk and I can easily say I will spend the money I was thinking of spending on upgrading VUE on this deal instead.  I'm sure others will too.

Frankly, I live TG2 + XFrog, it's insane how nice renders turn out.

You take the words out of my mouth!
I love this combination!

I already sent a message with the same question to the xfrog support yesterday evening. Haven't received any response yet but expect it today or tomorrow.
Howgh!

cyphyr

Ok I'm getting real confused now, the Greenworks web site keeps changing.
yesterday there was an option for getting the full bundle Xfrog, tg2 + 1300 editable plants for $699, I also have an email from Stewart saying the same. But today that price is gone. The only megabunde deal is $999. I was planning to purchase this taday but now I'm not so sure.
Richard

<EDIT>
Xfrog have changed their product page so that the differant product options are still there but the various upgrade options are available as a drop down menu
</EDIT>

<EDIT2>
The drop down menu allows one to choose different upgrade options. the option to upgrade from TG2 - TG2 owner upgrade - (save $300) - asks for a Product License, should I use my TG2 keyfile (tg2key.tgk)? And if so how?
</EDIT2>
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

cyphyr

<EDIT2>
The drop down menu allows one to choose different upgrade options. the option to upgrade from TG2 - TG2 owner upgrade - (save $300) - asks for a Product License, should I use my TG2 keyfile (tg2key.tgk)? And if so how?
</EDIT2>

Well I tried opening the keyfie in wordpad and it looks unlikely that this will work as a "Product License", do I even have a Product License? Suggestions please :)

Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

littlecannon

Hi Richard,
If you email John at Planetside... registrations@planetside.co.uk, he will send you the key to put into Product License box on the XFrog site.
Cheers, Simon.

I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

PG

Seems to have gone up again. I just got this in an email from planetside
Terragen 2 with XfrogPlants Upgrade $399
Yet on the website it still indicates that it's $299
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

pixelthekid

Ok, I don't seem to be getting a response from either Greenworks or Planetside.   Must be a busy time.  My question is, how much is the upgrade/sidegrade for those of us who own TG2+animation with 1300 XFrog plants and how do I go about upgrading (again) to the mega bundle.  My thought is that it would be a difference of $299 - $100 for the sidegrade offer so I'd be looking at $199.  Is that correct and how would I go about getting this deal worked out? 

It's really not clear but I would definitely like to be working with the Mega bundle.  I wish I hadn't been so quick to get the xfrog plants deal but I wanted to show support for both companies with my wallet.  You guys are definitely headed in the right direction in my eyes.  I just hope we can get this upgrade thing worked out.

Oshyan

I'm checking on the price for upgraders from the previous bundle. Will get back to you soon.

- Oshyan