Oa-Zees *another pov page 2*

Started by Seth, June 01, 2009, 01:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

dandelO

How did you manage to get the 3D Max teapot into the side of your cliff face?
Looks like a teapot up there.
I think I'm going to need a bigger cup...
The black tea changed the water color!

Ha, tearrific!

Very, very nice, Seth! Both of them.

Imagine a base-jump off of even the lowest peak, just above the water portion. Phew. It seems terrifying. Imagine then, going-for-it from the teapot!

I'd hope to land in the teapend and not the shallowend! :D :D :D

Seth

i need to be honest about this "teapot" thing guys...
it's... a rendering bug that i've notice during some previews caused by the sun orientation... so i tried to use it as a detail of this render

Seth

Quote from: MacGyver on June 03, 2009, 12:31:37 PM

Respect, looks like a completely different image to me. Shows what's possible with your terrain :)

last one...
just to show a different view... not as good as the other ones but i spent 10 minutes (maybe less) on it.
random seed button is my friend ;)

inkydigit

nice place for some skinny dippin'!!

littlecannon

Top stuff Seth... The scale of the first couple of images are awesome, the last one looks nice and tranquil. Quick dip anyone... apart from Inkydigit, who will apparently be naked. ;D
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

MacGyver

Oh please don't underestimate your image! It's really good! I like the right part especially, due to the overhang :) Really good stuff :-*

Ah, I noticed some banding in the sky, is this also in the original image?
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Seth

Gforce

wow, amazing lighting and terrain in all three images!
Feel free to visit www.gforce45.deviantart.com

EoinArmstrong

SpaceMaker

Honestly not so stunning, as all guys tell, but still some good pictures..

Seth

Quote from: SpaceMaker on June 05, 2009, 11:13:33 AM
Honestly not so stunning, as all guys tell, but still some good pictures..

maybe you could give some advices to improve my renders... the groundcover was an improvement needed for the first one but maybe you can help me to find more things to do on the 3 images ^^

SpaceMaker

I can't really give technical advices bcause I have only used Terragen for few weeks and because I am not the creator of your pictures, so I don't know what you would like to show. I only gave you a personal feeling ..

Seth

but maybe you can point something that looks wrong in them ;)
light ? pov ? surfaces ? atmosphere ? colours ? terrain ?
I understand that you took my comments on opinions I did on another thread for yourself, but my question is "what do you think need to be improved", not "what do you don't like in the renders" ^^
so, even if you are not able to give technical advice, you are able to point at the problem you see in these images :)
and be sure that i will appreciate it very much... i always say that critical comments are the only ones that make you improve your skill ! (even if , like everybody on earth i love good all nice comments too)

Hetzen

Quoteyou are able to point at the problem you see in these images Smiley
and be sure that i will appreciate it very much... i always say that critical comments are the only ones that make you improve your skill ! (even if , like everybody on earth i love good all nice comments too)

My sentiments exactly. There's nothing worse than being told something doesn't look good without expressing what's wrong or what doesn't quite work. Better to give an idea of what you would like to see improving, whilst still appreciating the effort put in.