Oa-Zees *another pov page 2*

Started by Seth, June 01, 2009, 01:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

I agree with you Hetzen ^^
it seems you won't enlight me with your knowledge pointing the flaws of my renders allowing me to improve them.... too bad, SpaceMaker...
anyway... you shouldn't take things personally, it makes you write useless comments :p

dandelO

Stunning! As all guys tell.

I know what it takes to do this stuff correctly and this is a well controlled Terragen work, Seth.
Not a useless comment from Spacemaker, just an inexperienced TG one, maybe? Maybe not.

I think this is good, regardless, especially numbers 1 and 2. :)

Seth

thanks dandelO ;D
what i find useless, it's to tell that there is something wrong without tellin what is wrong...
constructive critics are priceless but non-constructive critics are useless ! ^^

Henry Blewer

I like the third image as well. It has a Japanese print feel to it.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Sp34k

O_O

... Darn ... Not much to say, I'm stunned..
Learning history and science, wait,
Knowing that, will that put food on my plate?
Yeah, can I walk into McDonald's, into the counter,
And tell them you can make limestone from gunpowder,
Will they give me a cheeseburger if I know that shit?

dandelO

Wrote to you at DA, Seth, to say I'd bring this up here...

I see something strange in version 1, in the upper-left shadowed area.

It appears to be missing some terrain.
There's a bright area that looks to be lit by pure GI, either that or, it is the waterplane beneath(but I'm also quite sure that you wouldn't have made the lake so big as to be rendered this far beneath the terrain.) . Did the ground fail to render correctly? This must be what the 'teapot' error is aswell.

Looking to the top of this area and there seems also to be a plane added and rendered that isn't part of the terrain, seems higher than the main terrain. Was this to try and cover up the hole in the ground?

I never noticed until I looked at it at DA to add it to my favourites. I don't think anyone else has asked about it.

Seth

I don't think it is missing terrain because the vegetation is properely placed on the ground... but there IS something wrong in this part of the render with this "white" part... GI was uncheck btw... and maybe you are right, it's like the teapot error :)
there is no plane added to this scene, the top of this area that seems to not render correctly has a big overhang :)
in fact there are overhangs everywhere on this part of the terrain and the difficult part of this work was to find a pov where i am almost getting rid of them.
TG2 still has some problem with strange displacements :D
thank you dandelO for coming in ^^