Author Topic: image quality with light rays  (Read 10334 times)

Offline Ironshirt

Re: image quality with light rays
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 12:48:20 PM »
Hi!

Here is the 256 atmosphere samples version of the scene. I noticed that camera position has changed a little bit which is bad for comparision. But I hope you can see the difference anyhow...

Greetings

Offline old_blaggard

• http://sdcarpenter.free.fr/paul/
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 04:19:12 PM »
The grain looks much better.  If you do feel like re-rendering this, I would recommend making the atmosphere samples even higher (maybe all the way to 512) and decrease the roughness a little in the clouds' density shader.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Offline Oshyan

• Planetside Staff
  • Holy snagging ducks!
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 06:13:33 PM »
I'm rather surprised there's still grain against the terrain. You do sometimes still see it in the sky, even with such high settings, but the terrain is usually much more forgiving. I wonder if there are other settings making this a difficult render for the system...

- Oshyan

Offline bigben

• The Long Stranger rides again
    • Tinkering with Terragen
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 04:17:24 AM »
Some cloud fractal settings can also contribute to noise. Smallest scale (try increasing) and Contrast (try decreasing) are a couple I've found to contribute. Roughness probably does too. Changing these will also change your clouds a bit... how much depends on your render settings. 

Offline PG

• Does the CG Monster Mash
    • PG Creation Studios
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 05:38:21 PM »
Just one little thing, if your noticing a massive increase in render times then reduce GI settings to 0. you'll have to type it in. This removes the render pass with all the dots so it's a lot faster. I've always found the graininess annoying. never tried increasing atmo samples before. thankies.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures