Ventus (Neo Ventus on page 3)

Started by Seth, June 26, 2009, 01:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

errr...
what can I say ?
I know : render time 15h and no postwork at all :)

GioMez

Love your terrains and shaders!
Excellent! :)

FrankB

great one again, as expected ;)

Franck, the only thing that's not good is the spiky foreground rocks/fake stones.
In the background though, there is an awful lot of detail, that impresses me! also great light and atmo again!

Frank

Seth

Quote from: FrankB on June 26, 2009, 02:06:47 PM

Franck, the only thing that's not good is the spiky foreground rocks/fake stones.

yeah... i was thinking about err... mussels (i don't know if this is the right word). you know the little animals on the rocks when the sea go away... seashells ?
damn, i hate my english :(

goldfarb

not sure what it is but at the far edge of the water on the far right and left of frame there is a kind of grid like pattern...

nice start!
--
Michael Goldfarb | Senior Technical Director | SideFX | Toronto | Canada

Seth

yes !!!
line bug on water... i get them very often...

Walli

impressive shading and lighting work!

FrankB

Quote from: Seth on June 26, 2009, 02:43:12 PM
yes !!!
line bug on water... i get them very often...

wha are you talking about guys? I see no line... Damn, am I blind?

Seth

dandelO

Great render, especially the background terrain. The foreground is a bit jaggy but it's really nice. :)

I can only see the lines on the water at the left hand side.
I get this very often aswell, and microvertex jittering doesn't seem to help me. ???
Is it to do with repeating fractal patterns? I tend to use small scaled water shaders, do you do the same, Franck?
I can't get rid of it either.

goldfarb

see attached for detailed view of far left and far right...[attach=#]
--
Michael Goldfarb | Senior Technical Director | SideFX | Toronto | Canada

Seth

ugly isn't it ? ^^

@dandelO : I used the normal scale of waves (7 i think) for this one but the roughness is 0.01 (I usually use this roughness in my renders when i put water in them...)
you should get rid of them by moving the lake object (Oshyan told me that some month ago) but i am not sure it works

schmeerlap

Yeh, I like the rugged nature of the terrain, and the patches of still water showing reflections. Maybe "barnacles" is the word you're after to describe the thingies that attach themselves to rocks and boat hulls. What's Planetside's take on these infuriating fan/gridlines in the water? Good work, Seth.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Seth

BARNACLES !!!
damn thanks ! ;D

Hetzen

Moules. Frite de la mere i'n'it.

The colour looks more like oysters though.

Really nice render. Great textures, and really good subtle colours. Looks like the sort of place you wouldn't want to paddle.