The Release Date for TG2

Started by absolutehavok, February 01, 2007, 10:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

absolutehavok

Oshyan

The update for the Technology Preview will be released soon™. ;D Seriously. :)

- Oshyan

buzzzzz

Thanks Oshyan, now I won't be able to sleep tonight.  ;)

choronr

Thank you Oshyan; likewise, I will toss and turn tonight wondering 'whats next'!!

choronr

Cyber-Angel

Given the animosity there was in the community when the Tech Preview was not released as secluded at the end of January last year I don't think it would be wise for Planetside to start giving dates for the update that maybe missed.

I think that when it is ready to be released information will naturally be released in due course, that is to say you will be told what you need to know, when you need to know it, in the appropriate way and at the appropriate time.

Thank you for your understanding in this regard.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

Oshyan

I wouldn't advise losing sleep. :P The update will be available within the next few weeks and it will be primarily bug fixes. Don't expect any new features at this point.

- Oshyan

cyphyr

Any chance the bug fix will include something to sort out the UV mapping discontinuities or is that not realy Terragens "fault" rather the software creating the UV maps in the first place not playing fair?
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

rcallicotte

Brilliant!       :P

Where will we find out about it?  In the Announcement Forum?

Quote from: Oshyan on February 02, 2007, 01:49:53 AM
The update will be available within the next few weeks and it will be primarily bug fixes. Don't expect any new features at this point.

- Oshyan
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

The update will be announced in the Announcement forum here as well as to the opt-in registered user announcement mailing list and probably the Yahoo list. News should spread fast from there.

Some of the UV mapping issues are related to TG2 issues and the fixes should include some that will impact those problems. I don't know whether it will fix all the problems some people have been having, but we're doing our best to ensure that object loading and rendering is handled well from our end. If an application is outputting an odd form of OBJ or MTL file then of course it makes it more difficult to deal with. Specific test cases of those situations will be helpful.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

I'll try to be very specific (after the update) if I run into any problems.  I have been busy lately or I would have been clearer about some of what I've seen with objects.  I'm looking forward to working with this.  More.    ;D

Quote from: Oshyan on February 02, 2007, 02:22:50 PM
...object loading and rendering is handled well from our end. If an application is outputting an odd form of OBJ or MTL file then of course it makes it more difficult to deal with. Specific test cases of those situations will be helpful.

- Oshyan
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Dark Fire

Will the command line be fixed in the update?

ton

Quote from: Dark Fire on February 03, 2007, 07:36:57 AM
Will the command line be fixed in the update?

yeah.. that would be MOST welcomed!!!!!

Oshyan

Yes the commandline problems will be fixed in the update.

- Oshyan

Dark Fire

OMG! I'm so happy I think I'm actually going to get up and dance...

...Oh wait. That means I'll actually have to improve my software now, rather than just leaving it as a beta with very limited features...

Hum......I'm still going to dance anyway! Thanks Oshyan.

Will

*plays Celebration then, after that, Get Upofa That Thing*

PARTY  ;D ;D ;D

is there a dedicated bug posting thread? just to make it easyer for you guys to find even more to do  ;)

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.