A little surprise for you

Started by FrankB, August 05, 2009, 04:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

Hi guys,

we have a little surprise for you. The NWDAnet team has been working to provide Planetside with a little preset pack that can be shipped with future updates of Terragen 2. The goal was to develop a procedural scene that uses many features of Terragen 2 and is not too complex to comprehend easily, but using our combined experience in getting the most out of TG2. We're sort of coming to an end developing this pack, and are just in the process of integrating Walli's free plants pack into the scene.

If you are interested in a sneak peek at the scene, have a look at the front page of http://www.nwdanet.com (maybe scroll down a bit)

Cheers,
Frank

schmeerlap

Great news, Frank!
The burning question now is: When's the next Terragen 2 update?

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

FrankB

Quote from: schmeerlap on August 05, 2009, 05:29:31 AM
Great news, Frank!
The burning question now is: When's the next Terragen 2 update?

John

I have no idea, but I think it can be expected that a number of minor updates are made available throughout the lifetime of a major release, as with any other application. That's not my point though, just wanted to give you guys a heads up on what the NWDA team is up to, and I think this one wasn't expected by you guys in particular :-)

Regards,
Frank

red_planet

You might want to edit the link... currently points to nwadnet.com, rather than nwdanet.com

Rgds

Chris

FrankB

Quote from: red_planet on August 05, 2009, 05:59:33 AM
You might want to edit the link... currently points to nwadnet.com, rather than nwdanet.com

Rgds

Chris

Thank you, it's fixed now :-)

Henry Blewer

Frank, you can include my towers tgd if you would like. It's a real simple landscape, built to render quickly.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

FrankB

That is very kind of you, njeneb, but we're only making this one scene, which as I said uses many of Terragen's procedural features, and the towers really don't fit in it visually. Also, there has to be a "finishing line" for projects at some point, and I am glad we have come this far ;-)

Cheers,
Frank

rcallicotte

Is nvseal working on something and, if so, how soon before we can see it?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

FrankB

Yes he is, but I can tell you, there is a difference in just dropping a tgd on the forums or making it a real product. These things take a lot of time. As for the current status of things, I'll let nvseal speak to that himself ;-)

Frank

N810

Thanks for the excelent contribution FrankB.  ;D
Hmmm... wonder what this button does....

littlecannon

Hi Frank... the mountains are impressive, beautiful erosion going on.
Cheers, Simon.
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

Henry Blewer

Thanks Frank. It will be here when they come find it. I am looking forward to see what you guys at NWDA are making. The hardest part may be explaining how and why the scene has been set up. When I try explaining something, I assume people have as much knowledge as I do. It's very Jeffersonian of me, but seldom true with newbies.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T