Another waterfall system

Started by Dune, August 19, 2009, 05:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Blewer

I think the water in the pool looks good. The new render's water looks like the water in the Susquehanna; it's only about 7 ft. at its deepest in most places. The color is right. I'm curious how you might change it so it's better.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Dune

QuoteI'm curious how you might change it so it's better.

What do you mean, increase detail underwater? I just found out it's only possible (to what extend I don't know yet) by increasing detail when rendering. This was 0.5 and AA 5, image size = 100% rendersize.

jo

Hi Dune,

Quote from: Dune on August 21, 2009, 09:01:28 AM
I deepened the water and did some other stuff, but now I am troubled by the lack of detail under water. Tried another render, but outcome is the same. It's the first time I really notice this, and I remember reading about it somewhere, so I'll click the search button after this.

You need to increase the detail setting so the underwater terrain renders at higher detail.

Regards,

Jo

Henry Blewer

I was only refering to the next render with the tweaks you have in mind. Frankly, I do not know how to make it better, since I don't see anything wrong in the first place. It looks right to me.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Dune

@njeneb: ah
@ jo; thanks, I just found the post referring to that. I'll give this image another run.

aymenk2003

that's one is fantastic and we are waiting for more....

NKAID.
Le peu que je sais, c'est à mon ignorance que je le dois.

inkydigit

damn fine render.....I await the next one eagerly!

bobbystahr

Best waterfall this old hippie has seen so far...well done.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Phylloxera

Pretty, very pretty work! I am admiring!

Tangled-Universe

Looks pretty awesome so far! Quite convincing waterfall!
The strata pattern on the rockformation near the water might use some breakup and/or other details.
Hopefully you will find some time to render it with higher detail settings to get the underwater-surface look better.
The overall scene could as well benefit from slightly higher settings. I see you're still with your own believes regarding that :)

Cheers,
Martin

N810

Wow that latest render is shurely photo quality.  :o
Hmmm... wonder what this button does....

dandelO

Fantastic! This is looking great!

Seth

Walli

veeery, very nice. I only have an odd feeling about the scaling - the waterfall says to me its seven foot high - but the trees surrounding speak a different language.

Gannaingh

Absolutely amazing! My only suggestion would be to make the cloud of water vapor at the base of the waterfall a bit denser, bestdes that this one is spot on!