Another waterfall system

Started by Dune, August 19, 2009, 05:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Here's my waterfall; a world, a lake as riverbed, and another (slightly higher) lake as the watersurface, displaced by the same painted shader. I found the painted shader the easiest method, tried a distance shader, but that has straight angles. The foam is blended by another painted shader.

---Dune

Dune

PS. The tricky part is of course to paint it so that the fall drops into the water. It's not perfect in this WIP.

Naoo

Hi

Your waterfall looks very real. Excellent!

ciao
Naoo

mhaze

Very convincing, but in my experience the water should be deeper to produce this waterfall and darker. Great work never the less wish I could do as well.

inkydigit

with a few tweaks, this could be perfect....a deeper pool would be great!#
still excellent work here!

Henry Blewer

I think this is great. I agree about the pool needing to be deeper.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

N810

Best Waterfall I have seen yet  ;D
Hmmm... wonder what this button does....

aymenk2003

Great waterfall ,thing that I can never reach ...
Is that method different of mine ?  ???
Le peu que je sais, c'est à mon ignorance que je le dois.

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

littlecannon

Most impressive Dune. A little more work on the deep pool bit and texturing and you have a winner.
Cheers, Simon.
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

dandelO

It's kind of like mine but I use a plane, not a lake. http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=5118.0
Good going, I'll try and add some foam to my water, too...

matrix2003

WOW !  I like this.   Awesome job!!!   :o
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

Gannaingh

The waterfall is very well executed, although the size of fake stones ruing the sense of scale and make it look like the falls is only a couple feet tall.

Dune

Deeper pool, no problem. Smaller stones, no problem. I'll get to work. The landscape was very basic, as it was the outcome of some tests into waterfalls. I'll put some veggies in there perhaps.

@aymenk: I don't know if it's different, as I haven't looked into your method yet. This is two lakes (you might use planes), one with real water in it and one with some surface layers with the stones attached (get rid of the watershader). Both are displaced by the same painted shader. Quite simple actually.

---Dune

Dune

I deepened the water and did some other stuff, but now I am troubled by the lack of detail under water. Tried another render, but outcome is the same. It's the first time I really notice this, and I remember reading about it somewhere, so I'll click the search button after this.

---Dune