A Get Started Terragen 2 Tutorial for the Terrified

Started by schmeerlap, October 09, 2009, 08:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Thanks John.  Nice to see something so well done and so well received.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

DannyG

Quote from: schmeerlap on December 29, 2010, 11:13:49 AM
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond , Danny, but I've been off the computer since I injured my right arm. Nice clouds, and I like the sunlight streaking through the atmosphere; small terrain features seem a wee bit spiky.

John.

Thanks for the look, The spikey displcements I acutally like. Kind of gives it a prehistoric/Mordor-type feeling (glooming up the sky would enhance that, perhaps I'll revisit this one). I had fun tweaking your settings and experimenting. Experimenting, lots of that to do. Thanks again for the tutorial. Hope the arm is feeling better.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Lalla

Lalla

schmeerlap

I like this version, Lalla. The thinned out and desaturated grass gives the terrain a more rugged feel. Excellent work, and keep experimenting and trying new things.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

max_thehitman

Great Tutorial mr. schmeerlap   8)
Lots of great art posted by everyone too. Really cool images created!
Thanks everyone for sharing!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I already created my first TG2 scene using your great tutorial ... http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=12197.msg122845
THANKS very much for your help Mr.John!

Cheers
MAX

Gooner

Great tutorial schmeerlap ! Here is my go. I decided to bring the clouds forward a bit though instead of having them in the background. Unlike you I don`t mind getting wet!  :D
Also I did a bit of post processing in Paint.Net to adjust the colours slightly . Hope you like it.

aymenk2003

Great Tutorial mr. schmeerlap 
I wonder how I did missed this tutorial  ???
more tutors please...

Thanks everyone for sharing!
N.KAID
Le peu que je sais, c'est à mon ignorance que je le dois.

schmeerlap

Hi Gooner
I like the feeling of sunlight before the impending storm approaching, in your render.

Hi aymenk2003
Further to "more tutors please". How about an official (hard copy) T2 manual/guide?

John

aymenk2003

Hi schmeerlap...
Why not ... and it must be  "TG2 the Bible"
Le peu que je sais, c'est à mon ignorance que je le dois.

yossam

I read through this a long time ago, and forgot about it. Anyhoo.........this is my iteration.

GaoMingWei

Thanks a bunch from a noobie !... BTW  I am probably one of thousands... but....  My 34th Great Grandfather was Robert De Bruce...
thanks again (don't let the username fool you)

schmeerlap

You're welcome GaoMingWei: mind you don't step on any spiders.

John

featherwitch

This was such a good tutorial that I wanted to sign up and join the community. I haven't been using TG2 very long. I get impatient so I've been experimenting a little, hope you don't mind. I like it except for the noise. I shall keep playing around and see what I come up with, it's nice to have a good terrain full of stones, grass and geological features as a backdrop.

Apologies in advance for being a complete forum noobie!

Ardy Haze

I got pretty far in the tutorial, but my renders always looks way more degraded than the PDF.  Take a look: http://i.imgur.com/IxPIB.jpg

Can anyone guess what I may have done wrong?

edit: Turns out I wasn't clicking "Render Image".  D'oh.