Drop Color

Started by buzzzzz, February 15, 2007, 10:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzzzz

It sure would be nice to have the old Option of "Pickup and Drop" in the Surface Layer Color Adjustments. Hint! Hint!

Volker Harun

Me too are two! Wink!  8) 8) 8)

old_blaggard

Yeah, that's something I've missed many times ;).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Cyber-Angel

Cloud we also have "Randomize" back as well and bring back sliders on the colour picker as it would make colour creation easier.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

old_blaggard

You can randomize in the clouds' noise function, and I actually think that the randomzing button should stay there.  It seems logical to me that the cloud  node be resposible for creating the clouds and the noise node for creating the noise - when you try to integrate them I think some loss of flexibility will occur.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Oshyan

You can "Add to custom colors", which is actually more flexible than "pickup" and "drop". It covers the same functionality and more.

The "randomize" color option may return, but then again you could always just randomly click in the color palette window and achieve the same effect, which was not possible in TG 0.9. ;)

- Oshyan

buzzzzz

Quote from: Oshyan on February 15, 2007, 10:42:09 PM
You can "Add to custom colors", which is actually more flexible than "pickup" and "drop". It covers the same functionality and more.

The "randomize" color option may return, but then again you could always just randomly click in the color palette window and achieve the same effect, which was not possible in TG 0.9. ;)

- Oshyan

I don't know why anyone would want randomized color but I used the "pickup and drop" especially for beach sand and wet sand colors. I could set my dry sand color. pickup it up apply it to the wet sand, lock the slider, and drag it darker to keep the same color tones instead of guessing.

Oshyan

And is the "Custom colors" system not appropriate for that purpose?

- Oshyan

Volker Harun

For me the custom colours work - somehow.
Picking it and changing a bit the saturation for example.

But I can only get the default custom colour work. I do not know how to reach the other empty fields.

Volker

buzzzzz

Quote from: Volker Harun on February 16, 2007, 04:09:07 AM
For me the custom colours work - somehow.
Picking it and changing a bit the saturation for example.

But I can only get the default custom color work. I do not know how to reach the other empty fields.

Volker

I guess I need to explore it further because every time I add a color to custom colors and then go back to fine it it's gone and have to start all over? I must admit I haven't played with it that much but will.

Just checked it again and the area that says define custom colors is not active. So I can't save custom colors? Hence, my request for the old color options. Unless some kind person would please tell me how to enable the "define custom colors" option in this color picker. As of now I have to write down the RGB values of each color I want to save and type them in the color chooser when needed.  Oh well, I still say the other way was much better.

buzzzzz

Quote from: Oshyan on February 16, 2007, 12:50:34 AM
And is the "Custom colors" system not appropriate for that purpose?

- Oshyan

NO!  ;)

Volker Harun

Well, I got this far,

Below the fields where to type the color-values is a button to add this color, when using the shift-key while clicking it goes for second, third, etc.
But with the first colour I have to fill all fields, with the second one all fields-1 and so on. Else everything gets overwritten  ::) ::)

As soon as I restart TG2TP, the saved colours are gone.  ;D ;D

Volker Harun  ;)

buzzzzz

Quote from: Volker Harun on February 16, 2007, 11:45:42 AM
Well, I got this far,

Below the fields where to type the color-values is a button to add this color, when using the shift-key while clicking it goes for second, third, etc.
But with the first colour I have to fill all fields, with the second one all fields-1 and so on. Else everything gets overwritten  ::) ::)

As soon as I restart TG2TP, the saved colours are gone.  ;D ;D

Volker Harun  ;)

Exactly! I just tried the color picked in windows display desktop GUI for toolbars, active windows, etc. etc. and it is the same.

neon22

its something the tg2 people have to setup in the registry to get the color picker to behave for their app.
In last project, I so didn't like it, we built our own. (getting tired of doing that)
best implementation out there, as an example, is the Gimp colour picker . IMHO