Mesa now in higher resolution (Updated)

Started by Hannes, December 21, 2009, 05:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Officially my first image with the new release. Unofficially my 140.000th one  ;D. Anyway I really love the improvements!!! Thanks to you Planetside staff  :)

In this image you can see lots of power fractal terrains with different sizes, one negative crater shader, some strata and outcrops shaders, a few twist and shear shaders, three fake stones shaders and the shaders I forgot to mention.
I used Aymenk2003's Zoulik shrubs and Freelancah's Medusa.

Henry Blewer

Very good strata and color. Love it!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

FrankB

oh yes! This is a great render. Lovely detail and variance everywhere. Bigger please :)

PorcupineFloyd

Great surfacing. This image is very hot :-) Literally :)

otakar

Stunning! Seems like a place I hiked in not long ago! Great variety in rock structures! A++

ndeewolfwood

this one is really really good...composition, terrain, surfacing...
i want to see a bigger render too  :o

CCC

Reminds me of some parts just outside of Zion minus the erosion.

Mandrake

choronr

My favorite kind of scene. Artistically and quality wise, this is an outstanding render.

Linda McCarthy

Just plain awesome!  Excellent, inspiring work.  Linda

Hannes

Thank you all!!! At the moment I am rendering a hi res version. It's going to take some time. I'll post it as soon as it's finished.

Dune

I agree with all of the above (fine detail, composition is great), but I must say that something is nagging. The lonely tree seems way too big. To me, this looks like a big landscape, the 'bushes' to my eye are trees about 5-8 meters high, so that makes the one tree a real giant. What if you decrease the lonely tree dramatically....

Hannes

It may be difficult to get the scale without having reference objects, that's true. But the bushes were intended to be bushes, so it's the scale I had in my mind. Btw the tree had double the size in my first attempts, which looked REALLY ridiculous.

EoinArmstrong

Love the lighting and the stones - nice terrain shapes too :)