A Beautiful Day - Version 2

Started by FrankB, January 10, 2010, 07:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EoinArmstrong

Love the detail of the new one - lovely.  I don't know what it is, though - the scale looks off somehow - still a lovely job!

schmeerlap

Yes I like that one even better. Compositionally I like how the viewer is invited into the scene between the clumps of grass.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Henry Blewer

I like the layering of the outcrop better in this one. A much better render, more in the quality which you regularly exhibit.  8)
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

domdib

Much prefer the second one - first one too red, and I like the new surfacing.

inkydigit

great second version, I too love the rocks in this!

RArcher

Very nice Frank!  Very very nice.  Lots of great details and variations.

FrankB

Tangled-Universe

Hi Frank,

I think your second version is much better. The color of the rock looks more natural to me and the fake stones are a really nice addition.
Good strata as well. Maybe it is interesting to add another strata-shader and play with the merger.
The only thing I'm not really keen on are the clouds, but I've never seen these before from you, so I guess they're in an experimental phase :)

Cheers,
Martin

TheBlackHole

They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Gannaingh

Outstanding Frank! Excellent work!

FrankB

Thanks again.

Yes, the clouds... I find them interesting and different. Not spectacular or anything, but interesting (I think). ;)

Cheers,
Frank

domdib

I think the clouds are rather nice actually.

Henry Blewer

I have seen real clouds look like that. It usually means there is a big storm on the way.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

choronr

Frank, this is the kind of image that I've had in mind; and, I'm headed to the drawing board ...extra beautiful image here!