A second textue

Started by airflamesred, August 17, 2010, 07:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airflamesred

Hi folks
I have an imported obj (mapped and textured) of a vehicle. Now, I'm thinking I could add another jpeg or PF to put a dirt covering on said vehicle. I have tried with with a surface layer and the texture both through a merge shader (merge as normal) but not getting the answer I'm looking for. Am I on the right lines here?
Clearly I would have to load an alpha map for the dirt layer as well.
Thanks in advance

Dune

You can add a pf to the color input to get color variety, or attach a surface layer under the default, and apply extra color, and (some) displacement there, even blend it by distribution shader with height and angle restrictions and so forth. Just experiment with the settings and possibilities.

gregsandor

airflamesred,

I've put together a simple example for you and uploaded it to the Files section at http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=10575.0

In the .zip file is a folder containing a clip file with the shaders set up on the model, plus a stripped down building model and the necessary textures and dirt mask.

To use, unzip the file, open a new TG project and save it into the project folder.  Under the File menu, select Insert Clip File, position your camera so you can see the building (it is located at 0,0,0), and render.

I stripped out my building shaders but left the Surface Layer nodes for them so you can easily add your own. 

airflamesred

Thank you very much Greg
And now for the autopsy!