A DIFFERENT CONTEST!

Started by cbest, August 30, 2010, 03:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbest

Hello everyone, I'm starting a new contest. (This is the first time I've done this...so it may not work. Note this is not like the NWDA and Planetside True 3D and Animation Contest. It is much less serious, and is not supported by the Planetside Staff. Just cbest.)
Anyway, the goal of this contest is to create two very different pictures; what I mean is that one could be in the deepness of space with lots of planets, and another could be a beach with sand and rocks. The winner will be based on realism and difference in pictures. That is why this is called the different contest. I'd like to see difference in pictures.
Please send entries to me by e-mail. My e-mail adress is chakra@dasya.com. There aren't any prizes, but this is just for some fun.
Pictures must be 640 x 480 pixels. Please send your pictures in one, so you stick them together.
Please send your pictures before September 29th.
I will announce the winner here, at this thread.
Have fun!!
Terragen: the universe in 56 kilobytes.

jbest

Is this suppposed to be like a storyboard or just two completely different pictures?
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

cbest

Two different pictures. If you're wondering why, it's just to add a little variety.  :)

cbest

I have a little more information to say. First of all, the winner will be posted on November 5th, 2010. You may have minor postwork, but minimize it. Also, send all pictures as JPEG. That's all!

jbest

That's a long time. October 5th would be better.
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

cbest

Oops...I meant October 5th.  :D

cbest

Don't worry if you don't want to enter...that's fine.  ;)

cbest

Gosh, looks like this thing is out. Well, that's not too bad...it's a first try...

Hetzen

Don't be too disheartened by the lack of response chap. It's pretty close off the back of the NWDA comp.

I've had to deal with a new agency the last few months, and they've been a right royal pain in the butt. So I've not had much time to actually dedicate to these sorts of things.

Henry Blewer

I have moved, been on vacation, and now have to cover shifts for my co-workers vacations. Working 60 some hours a week, with insomnia on top of it; I'm having difficulty concentrating.
Maybe December would be a good time for this.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

domdib

Also, I think if you want to build enthusiasm for a contest, it would probably help to have the contest more clearly defined. At the moment, it's "two different pictures", but just how they should differ isn't clear. Plus you are asking for quite small images, yet saying you will judge them on realism, when realism is very hard to achieve without a decent size of image.

cbest

Hmmm...that's right...well, how about this....pictures will be 800 x 500. That's bigger. As for the difference part, I can say one thing. Difference can be determined by several things: for example, camera angles, size of terrain, what's on the terrain, different objects, type of terrain, type of coulds, size of clouds, sun placement, sky colour and cloud colour (note that you can make your clouds purple, but and this can count as a different picture, although it might lower your reality mark), etc. Hope that helps a bit?
As for the contest time, njeneb, December is pretty far off...I could try November. Deadline can be November 24th...and other rules apply: entries should be sent by e-mail (chakra@dasya.com). Winner will be announced on December 6th. Is that better?
          ~Chakra

Henry Blewer

For me December is only a short time away. But being 50ish, time is different to me.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

cbest

Well, since I'm twelve, I find that time travels very slowly... :)

dandelO

:D

Cbest, if you travel away from Njeneb at the speed of light, you'll stay twelve forever! ;)