Same Node settings , different render problem

Started by Kadri, August 31, 2010, 08:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

This is a cloned default planet. The pink colour is its cloud layer. It moves wherever the planet goes. I just enabled its bounding box and dragged it into view.

[attachimg=#]

The atmosphere node does the same thing, it's measured from whatever centre the assigned planet has, regardless of its original starting point.

Kadri's original post seems to have the secondary planet's cloud layer hanging in the main atmo1, it isn't assigned there, though.
It should be around the planet02, like in images 2 and 3 of the same post where it is rendering correctly.
Moving a cloned planet would not make this happen.

Kadri

DandelO , after your post i did try a basic new project. I Added a new Planet object.
Placed it manually with the mouse far away. Then i copied the Atmosphere node in this new Planet and did paste the Atmosphere outside the new Planet.
Then i deleted the new Planet.

Now there is a red Atmosphere (to make it distinct ) without its own Planet on the sky!

I made new default clouds but they showed only where the default planet is.
I think if you put these clouds at first in the new Planet node(internally) they could be where the red atmosphere is too(have to try this) !

Maybe this is the reason of the problem we have ?

dandelO

Now, I've taken the cloud layer out from planet02 and plugged it into planet01. The rendered result is the same as the first image Kadri posted.
His untouched .tgd believes that this cloud layer is attached to the main planet, when it clearly isn't.

Kadri

Quote from: dandelO on August 31, 2010, 09:34:16 PM
Now, I've taken the cloud layer out from planet02 and plugged it into planet01. The rendered result is the same as the first image Kadri posted.
His untouched .tgd believes that this cloud layer is attached to the main planet, when it clearly isn't.

We are posting nearly the same time . This looks like you are on the right way DandelO  :)

dandelO

Are you creating your cloud layer with a context click inside the node network of the new planet, Kadri, or, are you adding it with the 'add cloud layer' button?

Kadri

Quote from: dandelO on August 31, 2010, 09:38:28 PM
Are you creating your cloud layer with a context click inside the node network of the new planet, Kadri, or, are you adding it with the 'add cloud layer' button?

With a mouse context click inside the node network , so far i remember, DandelO !

Henry Blewer

I use the atmosphere tab to add cloud layers. Then tweak them in the node network.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Kadri

Clouds can be made too without the first planet!
2 Atmosphere and clouds , but only one Planet.

Anyway! Your logic sounds right for me DandelO about the problem.

Kadri

Quote from: njeneb on August 31, 2010, 09:46:02 PM
I use the atmosphere tab to add cloud layers. Then tweak them in the node network.

Normally me too! But when i am in an internal node part i prefer the mouse. Don't know why  :)

dandelO

Ha! I've no idea!

I've opened up both the original .tgd and an edited one that is working correctly with notepad and there seems to be no difference between the two. Beats me! :-\

Bedtime! :D

Kadri

Quote from: dandelO on August 31, 2010, 09:52:59 PM
Ha! I've no idea!

I've opened up both the original .tgd and an edited one that is working correctly with notepad and there seems to be no difference between the two. Beats me! :-\

Bedtime! :D

Me too! Goodnight   :)

dandelO

Wait... :o

I missed a point you were making a couple of posts ago. Are you saying in this post that there is NO second planet at all when you rendered this red ball of atmosphere, Kadri?

Now I'm really confused, I need sleep!

EDIT: I can't replicate that phenomenon. ^^

Night night and, good luck! :D

Kadri

Quote from: dandelO on August 31, 2010, 10:00:14 PM
Wait... :o

I missed a point you were making a couple of posts ago. Are you saying in this post that there is NO second planet at all when you rendered this red ball of atmosphere, Kadri?

Now I'm really confused, I need sleep!

Yes! After i moved the Planet in position i copied and pasted the Atmosphere outside of the Planet internal Node part and deleted it.

dandelO

See above edit. I don't know how you did that. I can't.

Kadri

After you copied and pasted the Atmosphere and Cloud of the new Planet , when you delete it , you have to put the pasted nodes in the Default Planet node Atmosphere input , DandelO!
Other wise it doesn't show.